Job Title: Industrial - Sales and Tendering Engineer
Apply on Partner Site
Business Area: Lucy Electric
Location: Thame, United Kingdom
Support our Industrial Sales Team with technical proposals, to help drive profitable business. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the UK Utilities Market (preferably IDNO, ICP, EV, Renewables, rail sectors). Our candidate will have excellent communication skills, good knowledge of the Electrical industry and preferably hold an HNC or higher in electrical engineering.
As a member of the Industrial sales and tendering team you will be on the ‘front line’, Dealing with initial customer contact through email, telephone calls, answering technical product questions and collating and issuing appropriate sales materials and quotations as guided by the sales team.
Fully supported by Head of UK Industrial Sales Team & other departments, you will take ownership for ensuring our customers receive best in class customer service, responding to their enquiry or request for information with enthusiasm and professionalism in line with the UK industrial team requirements.
The role will involve travel to other Lucy Group offices in the UK and customer premises. This will also involve the direct support from the Industrial sales team, assisting them with their external activities.
The role is a salaried position, offered at a competitive market rate + benefits working for a prestigious UK manufacturer.
• Support the Industrial Sales team with the sales and tendering process by assisting with tender preparation, administration, contract handover, customer call handling and sales generation.
• Support the Industrial Sales Team to gather their data and help with the return actions.
• Communicate customer requirements internally.
• Manage Customer order handover to Customer Services/ Contract Management team.
• Follow-up open tenders to assist Industrial sales Teams.
• Support for UK Distributors.
• Support L1 (L1 – “standard product enquiries”) Technical Queries received by either phone or email.
• To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required / instructed in order to maintain and / or improve the efficiency, quality and service provided by the company.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures and maintain confidentiality of information relating to the company’s business and staff.
The position is responsible for:
• Receiving customer enquiries via email, telephone and web-based portals
• Reviewing specification documents including technical drawings and schematics, understand the customer requirements, clarifying where necessary, and matching the application with the most suitable product offering.
• Championing the customer enquiry internally, coordinating, and driving the input from other departments including, but not limited to, Operations, Technical, Marketing, Quality, Logistics, Finance, Customer Services, Legal.
• Completion of Customer Pre-qualification questionnaires
• Authoring of Customer quotations from a data base of pre-configured products
• Authoring of Customer tenders with bespoke solutions
• Maintenance of Tender Procedures and documentation eg. Tender
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- GCSE in Maths, English and a Science or ICT subject
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Experience of quoting capital equipment worldwide including working from engineering drawings, electrical schematics or reading from technical specifications would be an advantage
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Familiar with the UK Utilities Market via the IDNO, ICP, EV, Renewables or rail sectors
- Similar B2B experience gained in other sectors such as Oil & Gas, Infrastructure or Transportation would be useful
- Experience of working with CAD applications
- Experience of the use of project management tools/practices
- Degree/HND/GNVQ qualification in Electrical Engineering would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in administering of a CRM application
- Experience of project management techniques and tools would be useful
- Sound understanding of contractual and INCO terms and conditions
- Understanding and application of commercial terminology e.g. margins & factors
- You will have excellent attention to detail
- Your excellent organisational skills will ensure the team pulls together
- Your ability to prioritise work and operate to tight deadlines whilst managing the expectations of all stake holders will ensure best in class customer service
We support and respect each other, we collaborate, continually improve and we ‘can do
Or check similar jobs