Are you a Production Supervisor, keen to break into the Aerospace Industry? Want to work in a modern manufacturing facility with a great mix of machinery both automated and traditional? Or are you looking to get off shift work and back onto days only? Then we want to hear from you!
Apply on Partner Site
The business is a global manufacturer, and supplier of a wide range of high-quality products for the aerospace and Power Generation sectors, with sites across the world they are part of the biggest Aerospace manufacturing group in the world. With a site stretching over 200,000 sq feet, they have superb manufacturing facilities ensuring the highest possible standards are achieved. They also have a highly experienced team of staff across all the divisions of manufacturing, along with team leaders, supervisors and managers who are responsible for their own respective departments.
This position is based on a night shift, 39hrs per week Monday to Thursday. There may be occasional shift based cover during holidays which would include additional shift pay.
Benefits include a salary of up to £41,600 inc shift allowance, quarterly bonuses, 33 days holiday including bank holidays, a company pension scheme with matched contributions up to 7.5%, and various other benefits
Responsibilities for the Production Supervisor engineer include -
- To ensure the department achieves all set KPI's for efficiency and cost control
- Ensuring all department health & safety is adhered to, by carrying out risk assessments, audits and investigations
- Production planning, by understanding customer requirements, material and capacity demands
- Coaching, mentoring and daily management of a team of up to 20 staff
- Driving continuous improvement by championing 6S and lean manufacturing exercises
- Introducing methods, ideas and changes required to ensure planned efficiency targets and budget constraints are met
To be successful in the role of Production Supervisor, the ideal candidate will have -
- Previous experience in a technical manufacturing environment, supervising daily operations and workflow
- A formal qualification within an engineering discipline, C&G or HNC preferably
- Effective staff management skills, to ensure the team are motivated and performing well
- Confident with manufacturing processes and lean methodologies such as ToC, 6S, Six Sigma, Kaizen, 5why's
- Be able to use SAP or a similar package to manage the recording of KPI's and critical data, as well as Microsoft office packages
ASC Connections Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity
Or check similar jobs