Manpower Recruitment are looking for a Senior Housekeeping Assistant on a Permanent basis in Oxford City Centre.
Apply on Partner Site
The role is 35 hours per week and your be working 5/7 days, so weekend work will be needed and times will be 7am-2pm.
The provision of the highest quality and efficient housekeeping services in any given area.
To ensure the cleanliness of all domestic rooms and areas, as allocated by Housekeeping senior staff.
Some weekend working will be required.
1. Display high standards of customer care at all times providing a helpful and friendly service.
2. Work with the cleaning team to ensure the College is clean at all times. This will involve:
· cleaning by hand using approved cleaning substances
· using machinery e.g. for cleaning & polishing
· emptying bins for deposit in a recognised area for external collection
· collecting plates/glasses from non-catering/venue areas
· cleaning internal glass on doors & windows
· polishing (using approved products) and dusting of designated areas (which may include sanitary areas and associated facilities), using where appropriate, the necessary powered equipment.
Designated areas may include stairways, skirtings, ledges, sills, notice boards, internal glass, curtains, blinds, doors, desks, tables, chairs, lamps, telephones, cabinets and bookcases.
3. Specially prepare conference delegate rooms
· Deep cleaning of rooms prior to start of conference use
· Bed making
· Some minor movement of furniture may be necessary
4. Observe College health & safety procedures. You have a responsibility to work safely at all times and to report any potential hazards, faults or problems to a senior member of the Housekeeping Team.
5. Report failures in services and assist in remedying and preventing such occurrences.
6. Maintain the integrity of buildings by ensuring access points are free and fire doors are closed.
7. Take appropriate action in the event of an emergency and provide the necessary liaison with the Lodge and/or Emergency Services.
8. To attend work looking clean, smart and wearing the uniform and any protective clothing provided.
9. To attend and complete compulsory training as required.
10. Additional quality control responsibilities:
· During academic term, inspect occupied student rooms, record and report any damages/ maintenance issues/ shortfall in cleaning standards to senior members of Housekeeping team
· Assist in compiling room inventories and documenting evidence
· Monitor the cleaning standards of public areas in the College
· During conference time, help to check B&B and conference rooms to ensure they are cleaned and presented to the highest quality standard
· Update bedroom status electronically on room booking system
If interested please get in touch with a Manpower representative
Or check similar jobs