Process Chemist c£28-33k +Bonus +Benefits
Apply on Partner Site
South East ABJ6323
A process chemistry opportunity with has arisen for a graduate of chemical engineering, chemistry, process chemistry with additional post graduate experience synthetic / analytical organic chemistry. This is a great role for an organic chemist who wants to be involved in synthesising and analysing novel compounds to solve key challenges, current and future industry. As process chemist you would work with R&D and Manufacturing technology for growth and development through activities including lab and pilot plant work (synthesis and analysis), root cause investigations for manufacturing product quality concerns, supporting process scale up and plant trials. As process chemist together you will deliver strategic projects in areas such as supply security, component/process optimisation, new product development and cost optimisation.
* Definition and execution of experimentation plans
* Efficient operation of owned lab equipment/rigs and pilot plants
* Recommendations based on interpretation of results/data
* Analysis and insight for New Product Development projects including plant trials and process optimisation
* Enhanced fundamental understanding of products/processes
* Capture of learnings through knowledge management
* Technical support in troubleshooting activities
* Evaluations of new raw materials and component suppliers
* Be involved in enhanced problem solving, collaboration and influencing skills
* Knowledge of our commercial products, plant network, manufacturing processes and associated analytical techniques Insight into how products and processes are transferred from lab to commercial scale
* Work with commercial product quality controls, lab/pilot plant operations, maintenance and safety
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
* BSc or MSc in Chemical engineering, process chemistry, Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or a related petroleum subject.
* Technical background - significant experienced polymers, energy products, markets but can take from other industries in process chemistry pharma /materials etc.
* Excellent safety consciousness and experimental/operational rigour
* Strong technical competencies with an aptitude for practical laboratory work and organic synthesis: a background in analytical chemistry techniques would be an advantage
* Excellent theoretical organic chemistry knowledge with a mindset for industrial solutions
* Awareness of cost-effective chemical design (e.g. process considerations/raw material considerations/regulatory impacts) is an advantage
* Strong safety focus including a demonstrated ability to deliver high quality risk assessments.
* Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
They offer an attractive salary (dependent on experience), commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ6323 on (T: (phone number removed) / +44 (0)(phone number removed) directly, outlining your particular skills, experience and relevance to this post Email
Or check similar jobs