Main Purpose of Job:
Apply on Partner Site
The Quality Inspector will be responsible for operating and programming Mitutoyo CMM and inspection of all finished machined parts. Responsible for continuous departmental improvement of processes and overall quality. Ensuring that products meet customer specifications and that production batch quantities are maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Loading components onto measuring equipment to establish the specification of sizes, roundness, cylindricity, concentricity, and squareness
* Checking output of measuring equipment against specifications to ensure finished products meet customer requirements
* Responsibility and accountability of related NCRs including raising and investigating to completion
* Being integral in the management of all inspection gauges and calibration.
* Working with other members of the business to ensure production quantities are met on a weekly and ongoing basis
* Programming & Operating Mitutoyo CMMs and Jenoptik Contracer.
* Ability to read, interpret and understand: Engineering drawings, Standards, Geometrical Tolerances, Surface Finishes
* Carrying out on Job Interval Inspection and alert operator of your findings
* Project management of activities such as FAIR’s, Measurelink SPC, MSA Capability Studies and Gauge R&R where applicable.
* Any reasonable task as requested by the shift supervisor or manager
Skills and Experience:
Experience of Mitutoyo CMM Measuring – Essential
Experience of MCOSMOS software
Experience of working in a QA AS9100 environment a distinct advantage.
Experience in a high tolerance production environment
Experience in use of a range of measuring equipment, Talyrond, Mitutoyo, Bowers, micrometres, Height Gauge etc.
Willingness and ability to adapt to company manufacturing procedures
Flexible and adaptable
Literate and numerate
Computer literate MS Office
Ability to work alone
Attention to detail
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Hours of Work:
* Mornings/Afternoon Shifts
Mornings 6am – 2pm Monday to Friday
Afternoons 2pm – 11pm Monday to Wednesday
2pm – 10:30pm Thursday &
2pm – 6pm Friday
Or check similar jobs