CNC Miller Setter Operator – Double Days
Apply on Partner Site
Location: Poole, BH17 7EF
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are IMI Critical Engineering; we are recruiting and we want you.
We are a global engineering group focused on the precise control and movement of fluids in critical applications.
We work with leading international companies in over 50 countries to deliver innovative engineering solutions to address global trends such as clean energy, energy efficiency, healthcare and increasing automation.
Our Company heritage spans over 150 years during which time we have established a strong international reputation for excellence and innovation.
We operate across three globally recognized divisions: IMI Critical Engineering, IMI Precision Engineering and IMI Hydronic Engineering having £1.9 billion revenue with c11,500 employees worldwide.
CNC Miller Setter Operator – Double Days – The role:
This is an important role, as you will be responsible for producing work to a high quality controlled standard within the various industries IMI Thompson Valves operates.
As the Setter Operator you will be responsible for producing components to drawing tolerances and within the quality specification.
This position requires someone skilled in machining processes to apply a logical approach to achieve production efficiency and targets.
As our CNC Miller Setter Operator:
* Read and understand engineering drawings.
* Select the correct tooling and holding devices for manufacture from the tool sheets.
* Set to the set up sheets, feedback any amendments required.
* Prove out proven/unproven programs.
* Manufacture to correct drawing specifications.
* Carry out own 1st off inspection.
* Complete feedback tickets of set and run times.
* Maintain production targets.
* Check and complete the necessary quality documentation.
* Complete OEE data sheet.
What We Offer:
* Opportunity to join a diverse, dynamic, and fun global team that likes to challenge the status quo with new ideas and maximum creativity.
* Strong Career progression opportunities
* A company culture of promotions from within
* Flexible Benefits purchase (eg. additional annual leave etc)
What We Are Looking For:
* Experience of setting and running CNC Milling Machines.
* Ability to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and work calmly under pressure.
* Good communication skills both verbal and written.
* Committed to work to deadlines and determined to see a job through to a satisfactory conclusion.
* High level of attention to detail.
* Demonstrable desire to progress, succeed, and ability to work as part of a team or work independently.
* Ability to perform the job functions to a high standard under normal working conditions.
* PC Literate.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please
Or check similar jobs