Synthetic Organic Chemist (Green chemistry)
Apply on Partner Site
This is a permanent opportunity paying competitive salary plus benefits
Kenton Black Scientific is a recruitment partner to a scientific laboratory based in Liverpool who are looking to hire a synthetic organic chemist to join their expanding team. This laboratory specialize in developing and producing personal care and consumer goods. The Green chemistry team is responsible for contributing to the development of next generation, renewable, formulation ingredients for personal care products. The role will combine both synthetic chemistry and material characterisation.
• Responsible for material characterisation of broad range of personal care and consumer goods
• Provide support in executing work plans that apply green chemistry principles to the synthesis of functional materials for use in personal care formulations
• Use analytical techniques such as IR, NMR, HPLC and UV to characterize samples
• Apply Synthetic chemistry experience with sound fundamental knowledge and practical application of Organic Chemistry and Green Chemistry in the area of home and health care products.
• Responsible for planning and designing synthetic manufacturing steps.
• Degree in Synthetic Organic chemistry/ Mchem or chemistry or equilvanent. It is essential to have knowledge in synthetic organic chemistry
• Previous experience in working synthetic organic chemistry lab is highly desired. Happy to consider graduates within industrial placement in a synthetic organic chemistry based laboratory.
• Excellent knowledge of organic reactions and synthetic organic processes
• Ability manage multiple projects at once and deliver on targets
• Excellent communication, presentation and written skills
It is not essential to come from Green chemistry background but this is highly desired.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now
Or check similar jobs