Salary: c £50k DOE
Apply on Partner Site
Hours: Full time office based, early finish Fridays
We are delighted to be working in partnership with our well established client based in Poole who are now looking for an experienced QHSE Manager
The experienced H&S Manager will be a driven Engineering professional who is self motivated, able to operate at a senior level co-ordinating and managing all site quality, health safety and environmental issues. You will be operational in nature and have a hands on and can do approach.
The QHSE role involves the holder being a strong leader with extensive aerospace & defence engineering and quality experience, able to act as a member of the businesses senior management team providing support to all functions as required. You will be able to work with minimum supervision and have a well-rounded understanding of quality, HSE and CI issues relevant to the management for an industrial site.
The mandate for the QHSE Manager is to provide the strong leadership necessary to ensure that the engineering and quality of the business is at the highest levels, ensuring compliance to all specified requirements and contracted KPI’s. The QHSE Manager will have full accountability for quality control techniques and is responsible for the maintenance of site and customer quality approvals, local laws and HSE regulative compliance.
Ideally you will:-
* Have 5 years exp within a management capacity
* Extensive experience of The Aerospace and Defence quality sector and resulting requirements such as AS9100 Rev D
* Extensive experience in a range of manufacturing techniques including CN machining and fabrications
* Line management of staff experience - helping to build and maintain effective teams
* Managing change within an organisation
* Management of budgets
* Clear communication style
* Strong leader of people
* Calm and professional in your approach
* Organised and methodical
• Responsible for all quality management and control, including the relevant teams, within the business
• Responsible for HSE management and control ensuring compliance to all current and future legislation and best practice for employee safety, utilising external qualified bodies as required
• Responsible for the quality control department, including all relevant metrics and targets
• Responsible for implementing continuous improvement techniques and processes within the quality and inspection functions
• Ensure all quality approvals are maintained and internal / external audits are managed though the quality assurance team
• Deliver yearly product cost improvement plans focused around margin improvement, cost reduction and labour utilisation improvement
• Lead quality improvement plans and forums implementing PFMEA process and a ‘zero defect’ culture and approach
• Documentation, policies and procedures relating to engineering and quality functions, including business processes pertinent to QMS of approvals maintenance
• To manage the business quality clinic & MRB processes, ensuring robust corrective actions are implemented to improve future position
• Achieve annual business plan targets developed by the Board of Directors in line with company strategic direction and defined business targets.
• Provide detailed written and verbal reporting as required to the board
Or check similar jobs