Apply on Partner Site
Location; Closest Station – Holborn
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager and in accordance with the practices and procedures of the University and Health and Safety Legislation, to ensure that the campus premises and contents are properly maintained, secured and ready for use. Furthermore, it is the Facilities Assistant’s responsibility to ensure that the University is kept presentable and is in running order.
MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure the day-to-day maintenance of the building
* Maintain and monitor the condition of the fabric of the building and fittings by undertaking regular inspections and noting action points.
* Undertake ad hoc fabric maintenance duties as required for the smooth running of the building operations – Tasks include but are not limited to : lamp changing; plumbing jobs; painting and decorating jobs; put up shelves, notice boards and signage; repair blinds, windows, doors and locks; furniture checks and adjustments, etc.
* Undertake planned maintenance works as established in the building PPM calendar – Tasks include but are not limited to: tap flushing and temperature testing; fire alarm test; emergency lighting monthly tests; fire door inspections; fire extinguisher checks; ladder inspections; air purifiers checks; disable toilet alarm system checks; cleaning and rodding of gutters and drains; window checks; external staircase checks, etc.
* Check machinery, goods and materials are used correctly and accounted for.
* Ensure the building is kept clean and clear of any hazards to health and safety.
* Assist the Facilities Manager sourcing and ordering parts and maintenance supplies as needed.
Assist the Facilities Manager to ensure the Health & Safety of the organisation.
* Assist the Facilities Manager in regularly reviewing, updating and publishing all Health &Safety policy manuals.
* Keep up to date with legislation relating to Health & Safety, as well as regulations governing disability and access.
* Work co-operatively with staff and contractors to ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations, and participate in risk assessment of all areas and activities.
* Alongside the Facilities Manager, plan and implement all measures related to fire safety including alarm checks, drills, maintenance and signage.
* Oversee and ensure disability access for the facilities and plan and implement required emergency evacuation procedures according to the needs of building users.
* Ensure that all building maintenance is carried out in accordance with relevant Health &Safety regulations, such as working at heights, manual lifting, etc.
External contractor management (alongside Facilities Manager)
* Assist the Facilities Manager sourcing and booking adequate contractors for PPM and ad hoc work, carefully selecting the most reliable contractors within budgetary constraints.
* Supervise external contractors as needed both for routine maintenance and ad hoc work ensuring all works are completed to the required standards and adhering to Health &Safety regulations.
* Consult with the Facilities Manager and Assistant Director for IT & Operations as needed for a second opinion on contractors and the budget.
* Communicate verbally and in writing with external contractors in a professional manner, and pursue any disagreement about the provision of goods or services in writing using appropriate legal language to protect the organisation’s consumer rights.
Ensure effective cleaning of the building by external contractors on an ongoing basis.
* Assist the Facilities Manager with the supervising of the cleaning contractors whilst they are on-site, delegating tasks as necessary.
* Liaise with cleaning contractors regularly to ensure high standards are maintained.
* Make cleaning arrangements necessary to fit in with special events, building work, etc.
Operations Office Staff Member
* Adopt an ‘all-hands-on-deck’ approach during busy times such as Arrivals & Orientations, special events, etc.
* Assist with classrooms and events set up as needed.
* Participate in All Staff Meetings and Operations Office meetings.
* Carry out any other duties as needed and as appropriate to the role.
* Attend training as and when necessary.
* Commitment to continued professional development.
* Always represent the University in a professional manner and develop good working relationships with all stake holders.
if this is something that you are interested in or you require more information - feel free to send over your CV to Aimee at Remedy Education or give us a call
Or check similar jobs