Job Title: Communications Engineer
Apply on Partner Site
Location: Crimond, UK - Onsite
Compensation: Competitive + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 48015
Make your skills count
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Communications Engineer at our Crimond site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Communications Engineer role is based within our Mission Systems business area.
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers' needs.
The difference our new Communications Engineer will make
As a Communications Engineer you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary.
Day to day, you'll carry out planned/unplanned maintenance work on System equipment including Fault Analysis & repairs as part of the engineering team under the direction of the engineering team leader. You'll also maintain technical and administrative records and provide information as required, ensure the Safety & Health of self and others who may be affected by work activities and ensure compliance with JSPs and local procedures, Practices, and regulations. You'll carry out lone working, on call and key holder duties at appropriate sites, in accordance with Babcock Health and Safety instructions. Demonstrate flexibility by multi-skilling in other departments as necessary. You'll have an adequate knowledge and comply with the Health and Safety policy and regulations consistent with their responsibilities.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role is based Onsite at Crimond.
* Qualified to BTEC National Diploma in Engineering (Electronic / Electrical) or equivalent
* Be DV Cleared or willing to attain the clearance
* Possession of full driving licence.
* Willingness to work at other sites within the UK and Overseas.
* Experience of work with fixed radio spectrum communications equipment as required for specific sites.
* Competent in solving technical issues and aware of future technical developments.
* Ability to demonstrate competence in operational and maintenance duties.
* Possess basic knowledge of data communications and networking technologies.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
* Employee Share Plan
* Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
* STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the . If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 01/12/2022
Or check similar jobs