Production Planner - Experienced Production Planner
Apply on Partner Site
Hours of work: Standard days - 40 hours per week.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Twyford, Berkshire
Benefits include: 25 days holiday, overtime paid at premium rate, career progression.
Syntech Recruitment are recruiting for an experienced and talented Production Planner to join a prestigious motorsport manufacturing business based near Twyford.
Prior work experience within an aerospace, defence or motorsport environment would be a bonus.
Duties and responsibilities of the Production Planner:
* Balancing demand and supply within Operational Delivery Units by co-ordinating and de-conflicting demand and capability
* Ensure local MRP system is updated and accurate
* Proactively tackle blocks and barriers to progress
* Provide manufacturing cost estimates and challenge operation times
* Demonstrate and use 'Lean Planning' techniques and 'Production Control' processes such as visual management, Kanban and Push/Pull in the operational/ manufacturing areas
* Responds positively to the needs of internal and external customers
* Support the creation and maintenance of Basis of Estimate with Production costs and schedule
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security, and quality and to be a great team player
* Liaise with production to manage the release of production orders and monitor progress against plan
* Manage and maintain a variety of spreadsheets and BOM's.
* Generate plans and production packs to enable the factory to carry out work
* Ensuring that material is shipped and received on time focusing on supplier delivery performances and production plans.
* Analysing MRP data and co-ordinating the alignment of part schedules with production build forecasts using various data sources.
* Management of work orders and route cards for operations build schedule.
* Management and optimisation of inventory with the defined constraints.
* Reacting to process failures and supplier problems.
The ideal Production Planner must have/ skills required:
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Experience in Supply Chain and/or Logistics/Logistics Planning.
* Some Material Planning background is desirable.
* Excellent communication, organisation, and teamwork skills.
* MRP system knowledge desirable.
* 100% based onsite.
* A prestigious automotive / motorsport manufacturing business
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Or check similar jobs