Founded in 2010 by ex-investment bankers, my client is a disruptive financial technology (FinTech) company. They clients are made up of Leading investment banks, asset managers, hedge funds, commodity houses, and brokerage firms (collectively representing over 20 trillion dollars of AUM). Their AI-assisted Software Products offer market-leading trade data analysis in the following areas: Market Abuse; Operational Risk; Best Execution; Anti Money Laundering and Comms Surveillance. They are headquartered in London, with further offices in New York, San Francisco, Toronto and Hong Kong, although we are expanding rapidly!
Apply on Partner Site
We are looking for an experienced advisor with settlement expertise across a number of asset classes. This role will be a key contributor to the improvement of my clients understanding of settlement mechanics and associated risks from a financial crime perspective, in particular for their AMLA tool. The role is open to full or part time employees, and they would consider fixed term contracts also.
Their AMLA (Anti-Money Laundering Assistant) detects money laundering in the financial markets, as opposed to conventional transaction monitoring AML tools. AMLA quantifies the risk of potential money laundering through a "follow the money" approach. Its cutting-edge models identify the key red flags of money laundering, such as uneconomic trading and sudden changes in behaviour. Using a proprietary algorithm, AMLA also reveals hidden connections between clients to uncover suspicious networks.
* Liaise with key stakeholders (internal & external) on how our AMLA tool captures settlements across a range of asset classes e.g. FX, Equities, Rates, Credit and Commodities.
* Contribute to the definition of detailed settlement specification documentation, being developed in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders.
* Provide key advice to the AMLA team lead and other senior internal stakeholders on settlement mechanics and lifecycle management, impacting feature developments within the AMLA product.
* Critically assess existing and suggested AMLA metrics, especially those focusing on settlement related risks.
* Train more inexperienced staff on this area.
* Settlement expertise across multiple asset classes.
* Control focused with a good understanding of risks arising from transaction settlements.
* Able to initiate solutions to remediate problems.
* Client-facing experience.
* Confident and articulate communicator.
Why should you apply?
* Ambition: Extremely fast-growing company with an uncapped potential, offering every colleague a broad range of experience and plenty of opportunities for internal movement, as well as rapid career progression. Vibrant company culture full of uniquely talented and friendly colleagues with regular social perks to build camaraderie.
* Flexibility: Flexible working policy (up to 3 days a week remote); 25 days holiday + bank holidays, informal dress code and excellent work/life balance. Generous maternity/parental leave policies.
* Reward: Highly competitive compensation plus annual discretionary bonus and discretionary EMI scheme (company share option scheme).
* Support: Annual personal training budget, private healthcare, company pension plan, death in service coverage, cycle to work scheme & tech scheme
Or check similar jobs