Systems Development Manager
Apply on Partner Site
To support our ambitious growth plans, we have a great opportunity to join our Information Technology Team here at Socotec. With over 1800 UK employees our Information Technology Team are key to ensuring smooth and efficient operations. Based in Bretby, working across the Business Divisions, we pride ourselves of partnering and support our operational divisions to deliver a world class service to our customers
We’re looking for a Systems Development Manager to join our IT leadership team. To lead and manage a team of software developers, supporting them in developing new applications and adapting existing applications to fit the new business needs. You will develop a strategy for the team to meet the company’s goals and objectives, and to improve the quality of the service it delivers internally and externally. To plan and monitor the successful implementation of this strategy.
* To lead and manage a team of senior software developers and software developers. Line management responsibilities will include technical recruitment, appraisals, 121 meetings, identifying training needs, motivating and performance managing the team
* To drive the strategic direction of our products & services taking into account emerging and legacy technologies
* To oversee strategy for both product and bespoke code base platform definition and implementation
* To strategically decide whether we can inherit existing /support legacy code bases – and how we handle our growing levels of software support
* Development and maintenance of web applications and windows services.
* Creation and maintenance of reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
* Solve technical issues, undertake business analysis, requirement gathering, keeping users up-to-date
* Microsoft .NET Framework including ASP.NET MVC using C#. Experience of .NET Core an advantage.
* Microsoft SQL Server and Transact-SQL
* Microsoft Power Platform
* Entity Framework or similar ORM
* RESTful web services using XML and JSON
* Knockout JS
* Windows Services
* SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) & SSIS Packages (SQL Server Integration Services)
Source Control - GIT
SOCOTEC is the UK's leading provider of testing, inspection and certification services. We offer an unrivalled range of technical expertise and services throughout the UK and worldwide. By joining us, you’ll be part of an 1,800+ strong team, where we will provide you with both the flexibility and a host of opportunities. We are committed to personal and professional development, and you will be supported and mentored at every step of your journey with us. You will join a large team of industry-leading, expert professionals and receive exposure to some of the best opportunities and challenges available.
As well as a competitive salary, we can offer you a wide range of benefits including, 25 days holiday with the opportunity to buy more. An electric car scheme, energy bill supplement payments, employee recognition schemes, family friendly support, employee benefits and discounts app, employee assistance programmes and enhanced company pension.
Think you’ve got what it takes to add value to our success? We would love to hear from you and look forward to receiving your application.
Building a safer and more sustainable world is the core mission we set out to achieve at SOCOTEC, it is at the heart of everything that we do. We are committed to acting as a key player in society, investing in innovative solutions to ensure social and environmental concerns are at the forefront of all of our business operations
Or check similar jobs