My clients are a Civil Engineering Consultancy who are seeking to recruit a Graduate Engineer for their Swindon office with the prospect of the successful candidates becoming Chartered within three to five years of appointment.
Apply on Partner Site
The vacancies have arisen as a result of planned growth and the ideal candidate would be working towards professional membership of an appropriate institution having already gained experience of working on small to medium size infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will need to have hands on knowledge and experience of the design process associated with drainage and roads for commercial and residential developments and Flood Risk Assessments.
A working knowledge of Sewers for Adoption 7 and Section 104, 278 and 38 agreements is essential, as is the ability to run small projects.
The successful candidate will need to have a full UK driving licence in addition to current demonstrable experience with industry standard software, including AutoCAD and preferably other sector related design software such as WinDes, HEC-RAS and FEH.
Key responsibilities / duties include:
• Responsible for undertaking supervised design input on a wide variety of projects
• Liaise with clients, other professional teams and disciplines on relevant aspects of projects
• Undertaking own self development and promoting our clients activities;
• Support the Office Director in managing the team’s workload
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, who holds a suitable and relevant Civil Engineering degree, has 0-18 months post graduate experience and is keen to work towards attaining MICE or other relevant professional qualification.
The ideal candidates must:
• Have experience in infrastructure design; drainage; roads and streets, utilities etc.
• Be keen to work in a team environment and developing the work of others.
• Have knowledge and experience of AutoCAD 2D and other industry standard software; Have experience in attending project meetings
• Have awareness of construction contracts and ideally specification preparation
• Have excellent communication and written skills
• Be competent with the use of Microsoft Office programs
Salary: £22,000 to £27,000 per annum dependant on experience. Excellent benefit programme available.
Commutable from: Newbury, Bath and Cheltenham
This is an urgent role, for more information or to apply please send your CV ASA
Or check similar jobs