Senior Highways Technician
Apply on Partner Site
Leicestershire County Council are looking for a Senior Highways Technician Engineer to join them, at their Mountsorrel Divn.
The position is to support the Highway liaison officer and the Assistant Engineer. The scope of the role consists of ensuring that highway related enquiries are dealt with in an efficient manner, supporting team members with responding to enquires and complaints, carrying out site assessments/inspections/measures for scheme development, carry out pre scheme communications/liaison.
You will have good customer service skills together with a good level of written and verbal communication, numerical and computer skills. Also, the ability to work independently where required.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Dealing with customer enquires/complaints
* Visit sites to check and approve scaffolding and skip license applications
* Investigate accident claims from third parties (particularly members of the public).
* Carry out assessments / inspections of the adopted highways
* Assist in the design or delivery of highway infrastructure related schemes.
* Assist with the commissioning and management of highway infrastructure related schemes.
This position is hybrid working, based in Mountsorrel, but you will also be required to visit other sites through out Leicestershire, therefore you must have a car licence.
Working Monday to Friday.
Rate of pay £15.40 per hour
This position is until September 2023
Or check similar jobs