We are an independent veterinary practice that was established more than 40 years ago and which sits at the heart of the community that it serves. Located in Stourbridge in the West Midlands, it is easily commutable from Worcester/Wolverhampton/ Birmingham areas.
Apply on Partner Site
We are committed to providing a high level of vet care to patients and also their owners. The team of friendly, approachable staff is dedicated to looking after the animals in their care and offers complete health care for pets of all shapes and sizes.
We are looking to add to our existing team of 6 Vets to strengthen and expand our very busy small animal practice. The team is led by partners who are forward thinking and supportive – always open to new ideas that will improve our own working lives, the client experience and patient welfare.
What you should know:
* Our shift patterns ensure that you finish by 5pm usually 2 days out of 4 each week.
* We operate a 4-day working week + Rota’d Saturdays, which means that full time hours average 37hours per week
* We employ dedicated animal handlers/ consultation assistants who work with you in every consultation
* Saturday afternoon appointments are pre-booked and paid for in advance. No emergencies.
* We have one vet who is regularly performing orthopaedic surgery and is working towards an orthopaedic certificate and another who has a Behaviour Diploma and carries our behaviour home visits and consultations.
* Breaks are encouraged, and time is built into your working week for administrative duties and working up cases.
* Our clients are wonderful…… Christmas chocolate gifts last well into the Spring
* We are very proud of our culture, which is no blame, supportive and collaborative – your fellow Vets, our receptionists, nursing team and animal handlers are there to help you
* Our partners do the same job as you – they understand and know what you are feeling and experiencing on a daily basis.
* The Practice is committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff.
* Salary is £50-60K + dependent upon experience
* We are a well-equipped practice with digital xray, ultrasound, dental xray & full lab facilities.
* For a true flavour of our practice please see attached feedback from a very experienced visiting locum
Or check similar jobs