Can you help a child in crisis?
Apply on Partner Site
Are you a talented residential childcare worker looking for your next challenge?
If the answer is yes, then we need you!
Randstad is looking for experienced residential childcare workers to become part of a fantastic new service in Perth. The service will support young females with past trauma and exploitation. You will make a real difference to the lives of these young people and gain excellent experience being part of a brand new service. You will also have access to all new equipment and furnishings as the first team in the house! The organisation prefers to promote from within so there will be lots of opportunity for promotion as the organisation expands. In a few years you could be running your own house!
Salary ranges between £26,000 and £28,000 depending on experience
What can Randstad offer residential childcare workers?
- Competitive rates
- Established national service
- All in the same boat, new service means a whole new team!
- Excellent career progressions; the service is keen to promote from within
- Unlimited friend referral bonuses
- Immediate start
- Extensive training in industry standard courses supported by online learning
- Help with SSSC registration
- Employee discount app
- Support from within the team and a dedicated Randstad consultant
A successful residential childcare worker will be responsible for:
- Working effectively as part of a team of child support workers
- Providing 24 hours care to a vulnerable young people
- Building relationships with children to effectively support them to overcome their past trauma
- Promoting a positive parenting role model
- Ensuring professional boundaries are in place
- Maintaining professional manner and working to National Care Standards
- Working to a flexible schedule, including night shifts, weekends and bank holidays and Christmas period
To be successful in your residential childcare worker application, you will:
- Have previous experience working in a residential setting with young people
- Have flexibility in the roles undertaken
- Have strong communication skills
- Register under the PVG scheme
- Full driving licence
- Obtained, or working towards SVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care, or equivalent desirable
If this sounds like the position for you, don't delay!
Apply now and one of our team may call you for an informal chat to take your application to the next stage. Alternatively, if you would like some more information give Rebbecca Prentice call on (phone number removed) for a confidential chat or email
Not the role for you?
We are always looking for talented residential support workers across Scotland, email
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing
Or check similar jobs