Section Engineer, temporary
Apply on Partner Site
Location: Greenwich, London
Start date: 13 February 2023
End date: 22 December 2023
Rate of pay: £354.94 per day (umbrella)
My client are seeking a Section Engineer to join their team in Greenwich.
The Section Engineer will join the shaft Civil team and will be responsible to deliver the remaining civil works of deep shaft (50m deep, 17m diamter), which include but not limited to:
* Secondary lining (slipforming), which is currently ongoing
* Shaft internals walls (slipforming)
* Suspended platforms & landings
* Diaphragm wall opening
* Installation of shaft precast roof
* Support the Site Engineers in the Engineering requirements of the project and liaise with the Senior Engineer, Agent and Works Manager.
* Undertake SHE inspections on your section of works
* Be responsible for the supervision, preparation, checking and approval of design work in accordance with Company Procedures. (RAMS, ITP, Temporary Work Design Brief)
* Develop and report section programme and budgets.
* Working with the supply chain contractors to ensure coordination of activities, access, logistics and planning of activities in your specific area
* Assist the site design manager, raise FCRs and RFIs
* Managing works to budget and programme
* Ensure the works are completed within quality standard ("Right First Time" attitude).
* Liaise with other Engineering, support and construction operations.
* 5 days per week, 10hr per day (Mon – Fri)
* Occasional 12hr per day or work on Saturday when required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HNC in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
* Technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
* Relevant CSCS Card
* Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management (SMSTS / SSSTS)
* Previous experience as section Engineer on civil engineer project or 2 years experience as site engineer.
* Willingness to learn and develop, good communication skills with Team and subcontractors
If this role is of interest, apply with your CV today
Or check similar jobs