Claims Handler Third Party Property Damage
Aioi Nissay Dowa Europe
£25000 - £27000/annum
Are you interested in more Accounting/Financial/Insurance jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Claims Handler- Third Party Property Damage - UK HYBRID WORKING - Salary up to £27K. Excellent benefits package, full training programme, up to 25days holiday plus bank holidays, buy/sell up to 5 days holiday, bonus scheme (5% of basic salary based on business and personal performance), healthcare, pension, life assurance and many other lifestyle discounts. Working hours 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday.
Looking for a company that stands out among the rest, with a real purpose to make tomorrow’s journeys simpler, safer and smarter?
We’re AND-E – one of the fastest-growing insurance companies you’ve probably never heard of. And we’re proud of our warm and inclusive culture. We’re building a diverse community, with a unique blend of strengths, to take our business to the next level
Join our business now as a Claims Handler within Third Party Property Damage where you can find and develop your own purpose, helping us to make sure that when life happens, we’re first there to help get people moving again.
You'll be using your claims experience and expertise to handle your own allocation of claims - cost effectively and to quick settlement.
Join a company that care about you with an outstanding benefits package, including hybrid working and flexible holiday scheme, bonus, life assurance, virtual GP, healthcare, pension and too many more to mention here.
Fancy a closer look and an opportunity to be part of a #connectedcommunity like no other?
AND-YOU, AND-ME, AND-US, AND-E
* Maintain your own caseload to a high standard, ensuring all actions are documented correctly, and the claims system is kept accurate and up to date.
* Make necessary investigations and decisions on liability and quantum, identifying possible fraudulent cases, highlighting indemnity concerns and corroborating circumstances to make accurate liability assessments at the earliest possible stage.
* Ensure creative and effective solutions are delivered to provide and excellent claims third party customer experience and meet third party capture targets.
* Use claims experience and knowledge of principles of negligence to negotiate with other organisations to achieve the optimum claims settlement in terms of liability and costs.
* Liaise and negotiate with all relevant parties to progress and settle claims quickly and effectively within your authority level.
* Ensure your files are accurately reserved in line with the company reserving philosophy.
* Raise settlement cheques promptly and accurately.
* Support development and delivery of the Claims strategy and vision.
* Recognise the part the box data plays in providing a unique customer proposition and utilise Box data to inform tactical decision making on Claims.
* Strive for first call resolution and take ownership of customer issues; take personal ownership, follow through on promises and keep the customer informed until issues are resolved; at all times, do all that you can to move that claim toward settlement and have in mind ‘What do I need to do to ensure that the customer doesn’t need to contact us again’ to speed up claims settlement and reduce failure demand.
* Respond to feedback given to you, from regular quality audits on Claims files, to grow your own technical capability and that of your team. Take responsibility for your own agreed development actions and wider training needs.
* Work with Claims suppliers, developing partnerships which align to the Claims strategy. Explore, recommend and implement agreed solutions on cases, meeting or exceeding agreed service standards and performance to minimise risk and leakage.
* Support the Claims function in meeting customers’ needs (including adhering to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly) and delivering continuous service improvements.
* Liaise effectively with other departments and other business functions as appropriate to ensure identification and appropriate management of all Claims issues.
* Participate in local projects as and when required, to help ensure change is delivered effectively and on time.
* Be aware of and comply on an ongoing basis with the rules and requirements of the FCA and any other legal/regulatory/risk management frameworks.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
* Knowledge of third-party motor Claims.
* Understanding of the principles of negligence and how this applies to motor accident liability.
* Ability to adopt Claims processes.
* Understanding of the FCA regulatory regime, FOS ethos and TCF initiatives.
* Ability to plan and organise own workload.
* Sound negotiation and influencing skills.
* Good level of both verbal and numerical reasoning, analytical, objective, solves problems by developing and applying solutions.
* Proficient in using IT word processing and spreadsheet packages.
It is our community’s unwritten rule to be as flexible as we can be. We understand life happens and on occasion, we all need a bit of give and take in our day; we don’t want you missing your child’s school play, the new fridge being delivered and we know the boiler engineer comes at some point between 8 and 6! We believe our colleagues should have choice, flexibility and balance in their home and work life.
We care about our colleagues and their well-being and we have been nationally recognised for this. Apart from the competitive salary, we also have fantastic benefits. Focusing on colleagues’ health, wealth and lifestyle. We like to think our benefits package is one of the best around!
- Healthcare cash plan offers money back on everyday health-related expenses
- Bonus scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Buy/Sell up to 5 days holiday
- lu Jab Voucher is offered during the flu season to protect against the unpredictable flu virus
- Virtual GP online service with appointments available 365 days of the year
- Pension Advisory Service non-advised surgeries to support in the planning of retirement
- Enhanced Family friendly policy
- Safe driving scheme offers access to online learning and driving lessons for colleagues and spouses and dependents
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle scheme - choose a bike, hire it for an agreed time then snap it up for a fraction of the cost
Aioi Nissay Dowa Europe is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics)
Or check similar jobs