SF Recruitment are working with a great business based in Sutton-in-Ashfield who are recruiting for a 6-Month Contract Credit Controller to join a small and successful team.
Apply on Partner Site
Main job purpose:
To manage the debtor's ledger ensuring customers pay to terms.
Maintain accurate timely records supporting the operational teams with timely responses for requests, understanding they are the customer.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist the Credit Control Supervisor as directed.
- To chase customers for payment and if debt is overdue utilise credit stop/7 days letter/legal action to recover debt.
- To resolve any queries raised by customers.
- Creation of new customers on Syteline and other dependant systems in accordance with Internal Control Framework as determined by the Head of Finance.
- Maintain customer records on Syteline.
- Where appropriate seek credit insurance limits for international customers.
- Resolve any external or internal issues to enable customers to pay invoices.
- To take customer card payments as well as train/coach others to do so as authorised to do so by the Head of Finance.
- As required assist with the daily banking reports from Barclays.net and matching to customers remittances.
- As required assist with the daily cash postings to Syteline customer accounts.
- As required assist with the daily cash posting reconciliation between Syteline and bank statement.
- As required assist with the credit control filing systems.
- For furtherance of the roles Breadth and Business Acumen attend departmental meetings as required.
- Good communication skills required to converse professionally and present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience of working within an established finance team.
- Flexibility to adapt to change, an appetite to learn and develop own skill set.
- Capability to prioritise own work to meet deadlines without having to be directly supervised at all times.
- Competent with Microsoft Excel.
- Accustomed to speaking on the telephone in a polite and professional manner, working with both finance and non-finance personnel.
- A sales ledger background is essential.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Required to work proactively and under own initiative.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Experience working within the sales ledger environment and regularly working alongside other Finance team members. An eye for detail, commercially minded and passionate about adding value. Prior knowledge of Microsoft Office, associated software and working with ERP systems advantageous but not essential.
Sound secondary education, ability to use own initiative, good telephone manner and ability to handle calls from supplier representatives at all levels, ability to multi-task.
A minimum of 3 years' experience in Sales Ledger.
If this role appeals to you please apply right away for immediate consideration
Or check similar jobs