Sales Manager UK & Ireland
Apply on Partner Site
Job ref: JH /58182
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Bonus, company pension, private family medical, life assurance, fully expensed company car, tools for the job
Our client is a global leader in the manufacture and supply of niche PE, PP and other co-extruded films, who continue to grow and develop. We have an exciting opportunity to join their sales team and drive business opportunities with existing accounts and new customers in the UK, Ireland, and some European clients. The successful candidate will act autonomously in their day-to-day activities, using their extensive knowledge and links to the packaging industry.
· Define, agree, and deliver a business plan to target customers and develop profitable sales
· Develop a marketing strategy to raise the company profile
· Achieve targets based on gross profit and implementation of an agreed pricing policy
· Active acquisition of new customers across UK
· Active follow-up of proposals to successful outcome where possible
· Assisting with collection of payments for debtor claims
· Continually monitor market and product intelligence, feeding important knowledge into the company as appropriate
· Develop relationships with suppliers and also investigate other partnership opportunities
· Hands-on business developer. Evidence of significant sales success in the area of specialist co-extruded flexible packaging
· Good all-round commercial acumen and able to think strategically in order to grow market share.
· Ambitious, but with strong preference to work in a small business environment with ownership and accountability.
· Technical expertise in in Polymers, Films and Applications
· Independent and self-motivated
· Strong communicator with good listening skills
· Tenacious, resilient, and determined
· Proven deal closer
· Team player
· Target oriented approach to work
Experience in the following areas also an advantage:
· HDPE – High Density Polyethylene
· MDPE – Medium Density Polyethylene
· LLDPE – Linear Low-Density Polyethylene
· LDPE – Low Density Polyethylene
· PP – Polypropylene
· 3-layer Co-Extruded products
· Substrates for the printing, graphic arts markets, labels, self-adhesive manufacturers
· Bottom and side weld bags
· Film on the roll
· Films for security bags
· Produce film for form, fill and seal for vegetable packers
Listgrove is more than a global recruitment partner to its clients in the plastics, packaging, recycling and chemical industries. For over 45 years, we have supported companies with professional advice and successful HR solutions. All assignments are tailored to the client's needs and delivered by expert consultants.
Why select Listgrove?
· Established in 1975
· Recruited in 68 countries
· Recognised International brand
· Exhibited around the world; in Russia, China, India, USA, Middle East, North Africa and extensively throughout Europe
· Global network of candidates and talent data
· Search projects completed across all functions and at all levels of seniority
· Access to a network of offices across the world
For more information and access to a range of testimonials, please visit our website
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union. Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)
Or check similar jobs