Privacy Manager- HYBRID WORKING. Salary- up to £50K per annum (Full time, Mon-Fri 37.5 hrs per week, flexible start & finish time options). Flexibility, bonus (7.5% of annual salary) and many more fantastic benefits!
Apply on Partner Site
As a Privacy Manager you will be responsible for supporting the oversight and facilitation of Data Protection and Privacy at Aioi Nissay Dowa UK.
We’re AND-E – one of the fastest-growing insurance companies you’ve probably never heard of. And we’re proud of our warm and inclusive culture. We’re building a diverse community, with a unique blend of strengths, to take our business to the next level.
AND-E was shortlisted in the Best Insurance Employer category at the 2022 British Insurance Awards, earning a 5* rating!
We might not be a household name, but we’re going places. Fast. We’re part of one of the world’s largest insurance groups and work with many brands you will have heard of. We’re also big in Europe, and we’re growing our UK business rapidly, as we lead the way in connected mobility protection – to make tomorrow's journeys simpler, safer and smarter.
CHALLENED NOW AND-EXPERT NEXT.
* Directly support the UK DPO in the delivery, execution and maintenance of the Group’s GDPR strategy, policies, training and processes across all UK entities.
* Provide regulatory guidance to the business in understanding and fulfilling their data protection and privacy obligations when developing and implementing new products, services and processes.
* Support the UK DPO in the investigation/management of data protection breaches, and in the absence of the UK DPO, be the point of contact for data protection supervisors.
* Maintain high level of knowledge of regulatory requirements within data protection to ensure business remains compliant with current and future data protection legislation. This will consist of writing and preparing reports to the ARCC, whilst providing training and guidance to heads of departments and junior members of staff
* Create and refine processes within data protection whilst providing guidance and training to the business as necessary.
* Responsible for managing data subject rights requests and ensuring they’re dealt with within regulatory timescales whilst effectively utilising business support, where necessary, to fulfil any requests.
* Act as SME for all business areas when implementing new, and amending existing, business initiatives through DPIAs, LIAs, ROPAs, DPAs, DSAs etc.)
* Conduct assurance reviews of key internal/external business areas to ensure they have the appropriate arrangements in place to meet regulatory/contractual obligations.
* Ensure AND-UK has the appropriate data protection licences in place in order for all UK entities to operate.
Knowledge and Experience
* A professional qualification, such as CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM, ISEB, ICA
* Experience advising and proposing solutions on complex data protection issues.
* A background in insurance or a regulated environment.
* Extensive experience in supporting the production of DPIAs, LIAs and Privacy Notices.
* Experience handling data subject rights.
* Experience identifying and managing breaches.
* Experience developing Data Processing Agreements and Joint Controller agreements
* Worked with UK and EU regulations, such as DPA2018, PECR, GDPR and the privacy Directive.
* Knowledge of non-EU Privacy laws or the willingness to learn about them.
Hybrid working- flexibility
Full training programme
Competitive holiday allowance plus bank holidays
Buy/sell up to 5 days holiday
Money towards driving lessons (Safe driving scheme offers access online learning and driving lessons for colleagues and their spouses & dependents)
Many other lifestyle discounts
Healthcare cash plan offers money back on everyday health-related expenses
Employee Assistance programme
Flu Jab Voucher is offered during the flu season to protect against the unpredictable flu virus
Virtual GP online service with appointments available 365 days of the year
Pension Advisory Service non-advised surgeries to support in the planning of retirement
Enhanced Family friendly policy
Season ticket loan
Cycle scheme - choose a bike, hire it for an agreed time then snap it up for a fraction of the cost
It is our community’s unwritten rule to be as flexible as we can be. We understand life happens and on occasion we all need a bit of give and take in our day; we don’t want you missing your child’s school play, the new fridge being delivered and we know the boiler engineer comes at some point between 8 and 6! We believe our colleagues should have choice, flexibility and balance in their home and work life.
We care about our colleagues and their well-being and we have been nationally recognised for this. Apart from the competitive salary, we also have fantastic benefits. Focusing on colleague’s health, wealth and lifestyle. We like to think our benefits package is one of the best around!
Aioi Nissay Dowa Europe is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics)
Or check similar jobs