Job No: Tectre1162
Apply on Partner Site
Title: DevOps Engineer
Salary: Up to £60,000 (plus discretionary bonus scheme)
Location: Leatherhead (Hybrid working opportunity available)
Our client is a rapidly expanding company which provides reliable, optimised communications over cellular, terrestrial and satellite services using Networking solutions. Become part of their core development team as a DevOps Engineer working on contracts from the European Space Agency (ESA) and tier 1 telecoms companies.
Purpose of the Role and Key Responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer:
The role will initially involve the design and implementation of next generation software development and testing environments, including the CI/CD pipeline for development, automated testing, delivery and release of our client’s hybrid communications solutions. This new pipeline will include development, staging, security and production areas, and the role will include design and management of automated release processes.
As part of the CI/CD pipeline, new automated testing frameworks will integrate real -world and simulated networks, including the ability to validate service scaling within cloud environments. As key stages of the new CI/CD solution are implemented they will take over from the existing structure.
Leading the design of the CI/CD solution and reporting to the technical officer, the DevOps Engineer will work closely and collaboratively with the core development team and associated staff to ensure all requirements are captured, analysed and documented.
In addition to the internal CI/CD, it is expected that the DevOps Engineer would assist with the deployment and roll-out of a cloud framework known as Hybrid Communications as a Service (HCaaS) that forms part of the ESA Connected Ambulance project.
* The candidate must have in-depth experience with continuous integration, automated deployment, testing and relevant tooling.
* Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (Jenkins, Bamboo)
* Experience with Kubernetes Administration, Docker and tools such as Terraform
* Experience working with AWS (and / or other) cloud computing infrastructures and services
* Collaboration experience such as the Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence)
* An ability to specify and install new hardware
* Significant experience of Linux system administration in a virtualised environment (Ubuntu and RHEL) in a Shell Terminal
* Comfortable with scripting/coding – e.g. Python
* Experience in installing, configuring and implementing server devices
* Puppet Configuration control
* Experience with testing cross-platform systems
* Familiarity with security locked down Linux systems
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria for the DevOps Engineer role, please respond to this with an up-to-date copy of your CV, quoting both the reference number and title for the job/s you are interested in. If you have any problems during the application process, please call the office on (phone number removed). Our office hours are between 9am - 5pm Monday through to Friday. You may not hear from us straight away due to the level of applications we receive every day. We can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
Tectre is a specialist IT Recruitment Company. We support our customer in their Positive Action Campaigns for Diversity. To find out more about us please see our website
Or check similar jobs