Chief Facilities Engineer (Subsea)
Apply on Partner Site
We are looking for a Chief Facilities Engineer (Subsea) to provide subsea engineering input and act as subsea technical authority for subsea developments and projects.
You will be expected to act as an integrated member of multiple development and project teams and contribute from ‘within’ the teams in a technical engineering capacity to ensure innovative and fit-for-purpose development concepts are identified, vetted, taken forward, and delivered in accordance with the required industry standards and minimum requirements, which you will define. The Chief Facilities Engineer (Subsea) will act as a technical reference point for all subsea matters including interpretation of industry codes and standards, and advising on matters of design, integrity, strength, fatigue, interference analysis, etc and will be expected to propose innovative solutions to the project teams without impairing safety, integrity or other project objectives.
This is a full-time fixed-term position, based in our Chiswick office with hybrid working arrangements.
The Successful Candidate Will Be Responsible For
• Scoping and managing ad-hoc subsea engineering studies.
• Development and maintenance of minimum requirements in line with currently applicable subsea industry standards and regulations in support of planned projects.
• Acting as technical authority for subsea matters.
• Prepare decision record memorandums and management of change documentation to record key technical recommendations, supported where necessary by relevant in house calculations and detailed engineering assessments.
• Ensure that contractor designs satisfy the EHS, technical, operational and project objectives and
• Contribute to design reviews, framing sessions and option generation workshops.
• Provide input to project reporting and project controls processes as required.
• Prepare for and participate in ‘stage gate’ assurance reviews.
• Extensive subsea oil and gas engineering experience including Engineering Manager or Technical
• Recognised industry expertise in subsea deep or ultra deep water (West Africa and/or Gulf of
Mexico highly desirable).
• A track record of proposing creative solutions that significantly improve the economics for marginal subsea developments.
• In depth engineering knowledge of subsea controls, structures, subsea processing, umbilicals, flexible flowlines, rigid pipelines, subsea architecture, fabrication, testing, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
• Thorough knowledge of subsea standards and their application and good industry practice.
• Operator and subsea contractor engineering experience.
• Excellent communication skills; clearly able to articulate, document and present complex technical information for non-technical audiences and to summarise key recommendations for decision making.
• Engineering Degree
• Chartered member of a relevant engineering body
To Achieve This, We Offer Our Employees
Regular working from home at least 2 working days per week in the office.
Ability to manage working hours to balance work/life commitments.
A performance-driven culture that generates results.
A commitment to your personal and professional development.
A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
Recognition and reward for your performance
Or check similar jobs