IT Software Developer (Full Stack) - UK HYBRID WORKING - Salary up to 70K- Excellent benefits package, training, up to 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, bonus scheme (7.5% of basic salary based on business and personal performance), healthcare, pension, life assurance and many other lifestyle discounts. Working hours 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Apply on Partner Site
We’re AND-E. You’ve probably never heard of us (but don’t worry, we’re not easily offended). We’re part of a huge global insurance group and one of the fastest-growing companies too!
We are currently recruiting for x3 IT Software Developers (Full Stack) who have a positive, can-do attitude. You will also ensure the delivery of software solutions to specification, on time and to the required levels of quality and security within this job role.
In return, you’ll enjoy a warm and welcoming working environment, and range of health, wealth and lifestyle benefits you’d be hard pushed to find elsewhere including hybrid working and flexible holiday scheme, bonus, life assurance, virtual GP, healthcare, pension and too many more to mention here.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER, NOW.
Join a company that care about you with an outstanding benefits package, including hybrid working and flexible holiday scheme, bonus, life assurance, virtual GP, healthcare, pension and too many more to mention here.
If you’re looking to go further, faster join us and enjoy every opportunity
CHALLENGED NOW AND-EXPERT NEXT.
* Actively collaborate with business analysts, solution architects, subject matter experts and testers to ensure functional and architectural designs are agreed and understood by the developers in their team.
* Lead application design workshops to ensure functional and architectural designs are broken down into technical tasks with accurate estimates.
* Monitor progress on a daily basis and ensure the software development team remain focused and on track - resolving technical impediments and escalating to the Development Manager where necessary.
* Promote good team practices, ensuring compliance to ITB and industry coding standards for all aspects of software development.
* Report issues that will add to technical debt to the Development Manager with estimates and options for resolution.
* Provide coaching and mentoring to members of the development team as necessary.
* Carry out the role of senior software developer when required
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
Educated to degree standard and/or professional qualifications, in a relevant IT related discipline.
Technical / role specific competencies
* GOSU – not essential; training provided as necessary.
* Java 8 or higher.
* Issue tracking software – ideally Jira.
* Distributed source code management tools - ideally Git and Bitbucket.
* SQL queries and database access tools.
* XML technologies (XSD, XPath, XQuery, XSL, and XSLT).
* SOAP and REST Web Services.
* HTML, CSS and CSS frameworks (like Bootstrap).
* Experience working with responsive and mobile design.
* IOC containers such as Spring – not essential.
Behavioural competencies / Leadership qualities
* Positive, can-do attitude with the ability to encourage and motivate fellow team members.
* Deliver quality solution by adopting methodologies and best practice.
* Logical thinker with strong Problem solving skills.
* Experience of working to and delivering to deadlines.
* Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues and customers.
* Flexible in working under changing and different work settings.
* Convey a strong sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
It is our community’s unwritten rule to be as flexible as we can be. We understand life happens and on occasion we all need a bit of give and take in our day; we don’t want you missing your child’s school play, the new fridge being delivered and we know the boiler engineer comes at some point between 8 and 6! We believe our colleagues should have choice, flexibility and balance in their home and work life.
We care about our colleagues and their well-being and we have been nationally recognised for this. Apart from the competitive salary, we also have fantastic benefits. Focusing on colleague’s health, wealth and lifestyle. We like to think our benefits package is one of the best around!
Healthcare cash plan offers money back on everyday health-related expenses
Employee Assistance programme
Buy/Sell up to 5 days holiday
Free driving lessons
Flu Jab Voucher is offered during the flu season to protect against the unpredictable flu virus
Virtual GP online service with appointments available 365 days of the year
Pension Advisory Service non-advised surgeries to support in the planning of retirement
Enhanced Family friendly policy
Safe driving scheme offers access to online learning and driving lessons for colleagues and spouses and dependents
Season ticket loan
Cycle scheme - choose a bike, hire it for an agreed time then snap it up for a fraction of the cost
Aioi Nissay Dowa Europe is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics)
Or check similar jobs