Reporting into the Group Health and Safety Manager the successful Health and Safety advisor will be responsible for working alongside managers across the business, providing practical support and ongoing advice to ensure that a pro- active safety culture is embedded across the business, all Health & safety legislation is adhered to and the Company’s policies and procedures are adopted at all times.
Apply on Partner Site
* To engage the workforce in the promotion and achievement of a safe and healthy working environment.
* Create an annual Health & Safety Action Plan with Managers for their relevant site / department, giving support as well as monitoring progress to ensure the Action Plans' objectives are met.
* To compile / develop policies and procedures in line with OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001 when released)
* Measure improvements to the Health & Safety Management System (OHSAS 18001) and employees' behaviours using various tools such as audits, inspections, health and safety surveys and behavioural observations.
* Maintain and improve Risk Assessments/COSHH Assessments’ and Safe Operating Procedures in collaboration with all stakeholders.
* Maintain compliance with all legal requirements pertaining to Health & Safety in the workplace and continuous improvement / development of our regulatory requirements
* Carry out health & safety mentoring / training as appropriate
* Completion of client pre- qualification questionnaires, lead client audits when required.
* Ensure that regular fire drills and inspections and records are maintained as appropriate
* Complete accident and incident investigations producing reports with recommended actions.
* To proactively collate and analyse data to identify areas within the company which need to be developed to reduce the risk of injury and illness of its employees.
* Undertake regular H&S related administration tasks.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
* NEBOSH General Certificate absolute minimum requirement.
* Significant experience within a similar role across a wide portfolio of industries.
* A proven track record of improving health and safety within a working environment
* A confident communicator with the ability to drive change and lead by example
Or check similar jobs