My client in Stonehouse is currently in need of a Fabrication and Package Team Leader
Apply on Partner Site
Primary Responsibilities: (NOT LIMITED TO)
* Assisting with ‘Quality’ and ‘Health & Safety’ implementation of safe systems of work, risk assessments and method statements related to all aspects of the shop operation
* Read, interpret and follow engineering plans, drawings and instructions to ensure exact specifications of output
* Planning and delegation of work to team members
* Proactively developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with and between all departments
* Providing hands on advice to other team members in production, as required, together with pre-production checking of drawings and works orders
* Control and implementation of welding department quality, documentation and efficient function
* Fabricating/welding work in various metals
* Perform quality checks to ensure products meet quality standard
* Ensure production times are met
* Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and safety procedures
* Maintain machinery and tools using preventative maintenance methods
* Maintain a clean and safe working environment
* Fabrication and Pipe Fitting Shops
* Oil and gas industry experience or similar
* Knowledge of welding techniques and welding procedures/specifications as applicable to ferrous, non-ferrous and exotic alloys.
* You will also need knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes and have the ability to evaluate and analyse associated costs.
* A Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent experience is desirable. A Visual Inspection Welding Certificate or similar qualification is essential in this role.
The Salary for the position is between £16.70p/h (£(phone number removed) per annum)
If you would like to be considered for the role, please respond with an up to date CV
Or check similar jobs