Level 2 Teaching Assistant required for a special needs school in Mansfield:
Apply on Partner Site
Omnia People are currently working with a special needs school based in Mansfield, who are looking for staff who have obtained their Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualifications. The school primarily supports children aged 5-19 with a diagnosis of Autism who have an EHCP.
You will play a special role to create change in the life of the children you support. As a teaching assistant, you help children overcome learning and developmental challenges, and make a significant contribution to the quality of education which the pupils receive.
The role of the Teaching Assistant at this particular school will be:
· to assist with teaching children in class, alongside and under the direction of the class teacher
· to support children who may have additional or special needs
· to lead lessons under the direction of the class teacher
· to teach groups of children for intervention sessions
· to support individual pupils in accessing their educational provision
In the role, you will need to be ready for something different every day. You will deal with new topics or new problems to be resolved. But helping children to attain to their potential will be rewarding. When you support individuals or small groups to reach their goals, or increase in confidence, their smiles of success will make your day worthwhile!
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
- A Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working with children with special needs and/or social and emotional mental health
- Have excellent communication skills, and be able to gain effective rapport with challenging young people
- Have a current enhanced DBS on the update service or be willing to obtain a new one
- Be available 5 days a week from 8.30-3.30
In return from us you will recieve:
- Excellent daily rates - we understand this is a challenging role and our pay reflects that
- Sociable hours - No weekends, super early mornings or late nights
- Your own consultant who is specialised in working with SEN schools and will understand the challenges you may face
- Have a friend, ex collegue or family member that wants to work with us to? Grab yourself £125 each time you refer someone once they have completed work for us!
Omnia People Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, applicants and clients to share this commitment. This role will involve work with under 18’s or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Omnia People Limited acts as an Employment Agency (perm) and an Employment Business (temp/contract)
Or check similar jobs