Remedy Education are looking for a 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant to support a student in Year 6 with a recent EHC plan finalised. The pupil has ASD and ADHD and needs a reliable supportive teaching assistant to work with to gain confidence with their education. Someone with knowledge of Lego therapy would be brilliant.
Apply on Partner Site
The role is starting ASAP on a long term full time basis.
* An understanding of ASD, ADHD and Challenging Behaviour
* A drive and passion for working 1-1 with a workstation
* Supporting the student through clear and consistent instruction.
* Working calmly and effectively and adapt to learning plans appropriately.
* Able to use PECS communication cards.
* Building the social/ emotional skills of student whilst promoting trust and confidence.
* Working alongside the teacher to integrate the student as a member of their learning environment.
* Assist with personal care if needed
Our lovely mainstream primary school is based in Southwark South East London, the schools has friendly welcoming staff and great transport links.
The school are looking for someone with previous experience working with children with ASD and who has a clear DBS.
If you are interested in the role and can start ASAP then please apply now or contact Chloe at Remedy for more information
Or check similar jobs