At the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team, a group of passionate and determined people work to design, develop, manufacture and race the cars driven by seven-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton and rising star George Russell.
Apply on Partner Site
The Team has set a new benchmark for Formula One success during the sport’s current Hybrid era, winning consecutive Drivers’ and Constructors’ World Championships in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, and the Constructors’ Championship in 2021.
The Engineering Software department is a growing agile team which forms part of the Mercedes Performance group. We cover a number of key projects for both the F1 car and our Applied Science projects. Applied Science is the commercial engineering division of our team, and our mission is to leverage the best of aerospace and motorsport technologies to deliver performance for our customers across the domains of land, sea and air.
We're seeking a highly skilled Senior Software Engineer with a demonstratable track record of delivering flexible, scalable and maintainable solutions to complex problems. It’s vital that you can work with key stakeholders, maintaining a strong customer focus.
* As our Senior Software Engineer you’ll deliver on key projects in both our Formula One and Applied Science.
* You’ll work to continuously develop more comprehensive insights of our car, driving our race performance, as well as helping us streamline our software development projects and processes and build the capabilities of our team to deliver real value, that delights our customers and the wider business.
* You’ll get the opportunity to work with a wide range of key stakeholders, delivering high value projects with a real-world impact. Partnering with key areas of the business, you’ll enhance existing tools and systems, deliver exciting new projects and manage customer experience.
* Key projects include developing our Driver in the Loop real time simulator, our HPC infrastructure and our data capture and analysis systems.
* We want to be the best in everything that we do from racing cars and boats to software development, and we’re looking to revolutionise our working practices, from concept to deployment. We’re creating the next generation of software infrastructure that will be the foundation of our success for years to come.
* It’s an exciting time to join our team as we embark on our journey to adopt a devops culture, a place where you can make a tangible impact on our car development, race performance and the way we operate.
What you'll do:
Mentor the software development team, building a supportive environment and developing capabilities to ensure the smooth delivery of major technical projects.
Be a key point of contact for new software requirements and internal stakeholder management.
Enhance existing systems, ensuring sustainable solutions, whilst building the functionality of the future.
Streamline our software engineering projects and processes with the team, ensuring seamless customer experiences and advocating best practices.
Provide architectural advice and guidance.
Support some of our live race events, ensuring the team can access the right information at the right time to enhance our strategic decision making.
What we’re looking for:
Degree in Computer Science (or similar), or relevant experience.
Experience working in high performing self-organising teams, delivering solutions to complex problems.
Excellent communication skills and experience working with a strong customer focus.
Experience using Agile development practices.
Experience delivering software within a devops culture.
Significant experience of C#, and strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) with a willingness to learn new languages and technologies.
Extensive knowledge of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Excellent communication skills and experience managing key stakeholder relationships.
What do we offer:
* At the heart of our performance are our people. Every member of our team has a voice and plays their part in contributing to our successes on and off the racetrack.
* We take pride in creating an innovative, collaborative and high-performance culture where all of our team members are respected, empowered and valued.
* Through our Accelerate 25 programme, we are continuously working to make our team even more diverse and inclusive. We welcome applications from all and are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals.
* Our riverside campus is powered by 100% renewably sourced energy and features an on-site gym and exercise studio, subsidised restaurant and on-site parking with EV chargers available.
* We offer a competitive and attractive package of benefits including a generous bonus scheme, Mercedes car lease scheme, private medical cover, life assurance and 25 days holiday. We pride ourselves on our family-friendly environment, employee well-being programme and offer flexible working opportunities.
* We pride ourselves on our family-friendly environment, employee well-being programme and can offer flexible working opportunities
Or check similar jobs