Building a sustainable tomorrow
Apply on Partner Site
BAM is recruiting an Estimator who is able to price hard (essential) and soft (preferable) service contracts.
You will be required to maintain and develop pricing models, and you will be working alongside the sales team in order to provide the best possible solution for our clients.
This position can be based at any of our North FM Offices. The position will involve a mixture of working from home, on site and working out of any regional office across the North. BAM operates a flexible working policy.
• Estimate Hard and Soft FM service opportunities.
• Ensure that our final cost submissions are competitive and innovative solutions have been considered to give our bids an edge over our competitors
• Assist the Mechanical and Electrical projects team in estimating work packages
• Assist in developing a strong Bid and Estimating strategy
• Develop strong supply chain relationships for future tenders/opportunities
• Support the Business Development team in providing creative and commercial solutions to bid requirements
• Provide accurate estimations for the delivery process for both Planned Maintenance and Installation projects
• Develop PQQ, SQ & ITT responses under the guidance of the lead Business Development Manager
• Proactively conduct market research and competitor analysis to develop win strategies and bid plans, bring ideas and fresh thinking to the department and identify future opportunities and leads.
• Attend clients premises to survey opportunities and capture assets as required
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced estimator who has had experience with working wit bids up to 3M and also much smaller value bids. You will be reporting directly into the Lead Business Development Manager and be required to attend meetings and occasional site visits when necessary.
• Experience of facilities management technical and tender processes
• Experience in estimating Hard services (Essential) and Soft Services (preferable) delivery
• The ability to estimate from first principles
• Experience in using Microsoft packages – Excellent Excel skills (Essential) required
• Strong experience in estimating to HVAC SFG20 standards and ideally BIC's cleaning standards
• Ability to work within a team environment or as an individual with minimal supervision
• Ability to identify cost savings to enable BAM FM to bid competitively
• Ability to prioritise workloads and work to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate and present finalisation of bids/costs to senior management confidently and succinctly
• Enthusiasm and be self-motivated/driven
• Comfortable communicating with clients and consultants in a clear and professional manner
• A desire to be a major contributor in the growth of BAM FM
What’s in it for you?
In addition to an attractive salary we offer a significant benefits package including an electric car or car allowance, bonus scheme, contributory pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), gym subsidy, BAM social club membership and many more exciting benefits.
Your work environment
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We’re on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Who are we?
The art of building is about building for communities; it’s about building for life.
Where others stop, we go further, leading the way towards a sustainable tomorrow for us and future generations. As an industry leader, we raise the bar.
Our values: sustainable, inclusive, collaborative, reliable and ownership, enable us to achieve our ambitions. Today, tomorrow and every day.
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
BAM is committed to ensuring a fully inclusive recruitment and onboarding process, so if at anytime you feel you may need any reasonable adjustments, do not hesitate to speak with one of our team, and we will do our best to support you
Or check similar jobs