J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Apply on Partner Site
Murphy employs around 3,500 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives around the world. Together, we work as ‘One Murphy’ by directly delivering the people, plant and expertise needed to make projects a success.
There’s more to Murphy.
Senior Quality Advisor - Energy - Isle of Grain
J Murphy and Sons Ltd are currently recruiting for a Senior Quality Advisor join our award-winning team. Our team is known for its extensive in-house expertise and continual drive to innovate within the industry. The Senior Quality Advisor will lead Quality teams and assist Quality Management in the implementation of Group Quality Management Systems as well as providing Quality advice and support to employees.
Following the ‘One Murphy’ approach, we’re able to deliver all aspects of the projects we work on. J. Murphy & Sons has designed, constructed, and commissioned projects for clients including National Grid, Cadent Gas, OPA, SGN, National Grid Ventures, on both transmission and distribution networks. Our projects include Compressor stations, Natural Gas and LNG Terminals, AGI’s, pipelines and diversions.
Recognised as one of the top five best engineering & construction companies to work for by Best Companies, there is no better time to join J. Murphy & Sons. Take a look at the role outline below and if you think you fit the bill and want to work as a Senior Quality Advisor within a team that rewards performance, drives personal development and offers a great place to work delivering exciting projects, apply today!
What you will be doing:
* Be a champion for the “Quality – Right First Time” initiative.
* Establish and promote best practice in quality matters in conjunction with the Quality function.
* Collaborate with engineering to support and educate the engineering community on to achieve better quality.
* Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
* Support site management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Quality Plans.
* Carry out regular inspections/audits of sites and work places to find whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and other stated requirements.
* Promote the reporting of nonconformances and provide advice on closing out actions.
* Collate and review Business / Contract Quality statistics in a timely manner and submit to the Quality Management and Quality function for reporting purposes.
* Review Quality statistics to identify trends and areas for improvement.
* Develop and implement Quality campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with the Quality Management.
* Prepare and review project Quality documents including those of 3rd parties.
* Produce Quality plans, procedures and associated documentation and check compliance.
* Identify significant Quality issues for contracts / yards and help set-up contracts / yards to include appropriate controls.
* Provide reports, presentations, and information as directed by the Business / Quality Management.
Who are we looking for?
* Relevant Quality Membership at Senior level (CQI)
* MS package knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project)
* Solid understanding of the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard.
* Experience within a Engineering or Construction environment.
* Charity is at the heart of Murphy values; you will receive 2 days leave per year to donate your time to a charity of your choosing. Many teams choose to support a charity together to positively impact our communities.
* Access to Murphy Wellbeing: you will have access to a host of online tools, mental health trained colleagues, and if needs be external professional support because we understand that work and life offers challenges that sometimes need a little extra support.
* Murphy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture, making Murphy a great place to work where we can all thrive. You can get involved in numerous events and even join our committee dedicated to continuously nurturing Murphy’s inclusive culture.
What you’ll get in return
* Dedicated and continued investment in your professional development.
* 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays with the option to buy an additional 2 days holiday each year, holidays increase with length of service
* Discretionary annual bonus and annual salary review
* Above market rate contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance, health screening and enhanced sick pay
* Enhanced maternity and paternity pay and a maternity returners bonus
* Extra weeks holiday for all employees getting married and a wedding bonus
* Subsidised canteen facilities in core locations
* Other Murphy benefits include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc.
Due to the requirements of the role, in addition to our standard identity and right to work checks, successful candidates will be asked to undertake a basic Disclosure and Barring Service check.
As part of our commitment to being an inclusive employer we are proud to have signed up to #BantheBoxUK and reduce barriers to employment for people with criminal records.
If you think Murphy is the place to help you thrive in a great team dedicated to delivery and engineering excellence and want to work in an inclusive team culture that rewards performance and drives personal development, apply today
Or check similar jobs