Community Mental Health Occupational therapist (Locum role)
Apply on Partner Site
ASAP start – Flexible hours - Will consider part time.
Rates might be negotiable depending on experience
* The South Oxon Adult Mental Health Team (AMHT) are seeking an experienced Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse/Occupational Therapist to join our team to be based in Abingdon covering the Abingdon area.
* We are looking for a suitable candidate to work across the assessment and treatment function of our team.
* We would ideally like someone able to work full time, although part time may be an option with a minimum of 3 days.
* They will be expected to work mostly from the AMHT base in Abingdon (Abingdon Mental Health Centre, Marcham Road, Abingdon, OX14 1AG) and work mostly 9-5 Monday – Friday, long days and weekends may also be available once a successful induction period is complet
* The role entails assessing the mental health of people referred by their GP or partner agencies and providing time-limited interventions where appropriate in addition to holding care co-ordinator responsibility for a small caseload of CPA patients who experience severe and enduring mental illness, providing recovering focused treatment interventions in the community.
* The candidate should have experience of working in community mental health settings with patients with severe and enduring mental illness. We are looking for someone who has excellent assessment and communication skills, and who is able to work dynamically within a fast paced, challenging yet rewarding team.
* The multi-disciplinary team is made-up of Consultant psychiatrists, junior medics, nurses, OTs, social workers, support workers (including peer-support workers), psychologists and admin.
* You will be well supported and receive regular supervision from one of our experienced Team Managers or Deputy Team Managers.
* The successful candidate will also be expected to cover duty around 1 day per week which involves triaging referrals and undertaking emergency assessments.
IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE, PLEASE STILL GET IN TOUCH AS WE HAVE MANY OPEN VACANCIES!
Benefits of working with Tripod Partners
* £350 refer a friend bonus
* £500 loyalty bonus for continued service
* £50 bonus for registering
* £150 find your own job bonus
* Free DBS and compliance service including paid for Mandatory Training
* Excellent compliance processes and department making it a smooth and enjoyable process
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive experience within the healthcare sector
* Daily payroll and in-house payroll system
Or check similar jobs