We are delighted to be supporting a successful and growing training provider who deliver Apprenticeships within the workplace recruit a new tutor. Due to growth, the client are looking for a Hairdressing/Barbering Apprenticeship tutor to cover the Reading/Berkshire area. Based from home, the successful candidate will undertake the delivery and assessment of levels 2 & 3 Hairdressing and Barbering Apprenticeship Standards and Functional Skills of a set caseload of learners up to 32 learners.
Apply on Partner Site
As you will be commuting to and from learners workplaces, a full driving license and use of your own vehicle is essential, travel/mileage costs are fully reimbursed by the client. Training is delivered through a blend of face to face and remote delivery, face to face appointments are usually within 25 miles of the successful tutor's home address.
As a tutor, you will be responsible for managing your own diary with a caseload of up to 32 learners, supporting and guiding them through their Apprenticeship. This will include 1:1 teaching and delivery of all aspects of the Apprenticeship and work-based assessments.
To be successful in this position, the client are ideally looking for someone with the below qualifications.
- Hold an assessor qualification (TAQA/A1/D32-33) although this is not essential
- Hold a teaching qualification (PTLLS/AET minimum) although this is not essential
- Hold NVQ Level 3 in Hairdressing and/or Barbering
- Hold Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Be competent IT and communication skills
- Have experience of using e-portfolios, preferably OneFile although this is not essential
- Have experience in a similar role – either apprenticeship delivery & assessment or delivering accredited hairdressing/barbering training/courses although this is not essential
- Have strong occupational background within the hairdressing/barbering sector
- Be able to meet targets and deadlines and manage diary effectively
- Be a driver with own vehicle and clean licence and comfortable with travelling
- Be eligible to live and work in the UK
Or check similar jobs