Outside IR35 Shutdown Preparation Engineering Service*
Apply on Partner Site
We currently have an opportunity for a Shutdown Preparation Engineering Service to join in the shutdown team with our Top Tier COMAH client.
* Ensure that shutdown maintenance tasks are correctly technically specified, planned and executed.
* Validate work packs.
* Chair major job reviews - Liaise with external contractors as necessary to ensure work is planned to a high standard and to ensure that the critical paths through major jobs are properly stepped out and optimised.
* Liaise with production regarding equipment release and hand back times.
* Responsibility for the work planning and preparation rate and use trackers to monitor performance.
* Provide technical expertise to the planners.
* Ensure orders placed for services or equipment are properly specified and competitive quotes obtained where appropriate.
* Review plant and equipment requirements for the event, monitor materials procurement and delivery to job site.
* Act as area supervisor during the shutdown execution phase coordinating contract companies as necessary.
* Ensure adherence to the site engineering and safety standards and promote a right first time approach.
* Support the Shutdown Manager in the continual improvement of shutdown processes and procedures and be confident to drive change in making those improvements.
* Comply with EHS investigations, EHS actions, EHS tools, Leadership interactions, Safety Crosses, Tier Process, Process Confirmations etc.
* Ensure work is specified and documented in line with Venator / departmental procedures and SAP is used as per defined guidelines.
* Deputise for the Shutdown Manager. Attend Safety and Outage Event meetings and Venator specific Health and Safety Training, where applicable.
This project is on a top tier COMAH plant, and the following minimum qualifications, experience and skills are required from the supplier:
* HNC in a recognised trade + 5 yrs relevant experience.
* Experience in planning/scheduling.
* Experience of managing a multi discipline engineering team in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and knowledge of piping systems, pressure vessels, rotating equipment and lifting equipment.
* Experience of Petro-Chemical and Chemical & Polymers Projects both Greenfield and Brownfield
Or check similar jobs