Position: Software Developer
Apply on Partner Site
Salary: Up to £30k (Dependant on Experience)
Work Type: Office Based
Connect IT has partnered with a leading software company based in Wareham who are looking to add to their expanding Development Team.
You will be working with their touch screen Point-Of-Sale Application and back-office applications. The ideal candidate will be someone with some commercial development experience; however it is not essential as our client will be happy to provide training and offers extensive development options. On this basis, our client is happy to consider a junior candidate with the right attitude.
The primary role of a software developer is to produce a quality software product. Most of the workload is project work, whereby the software is enhanced based on either external or internal requirements. These requirements can be specified by people within a number of different positions in the company, so analytical skills to be able to read and fully understand a feature requirement are critical.
Some of the developer’s day is ‘bug’ fixing, whereby the developer must assess the 1st line analysis of issues and use problem solving skills to find and solve issues, whilst feeding back progress and potentially workarounds or immediate fixes to either the Development Manager or 1st line contact.
Exposure to SQL and database platforms is common within the day-to-day development process. Custom reporting is part of the product, which includes analysis, data mining, manipulation and report writing; hence strong maths skills are critical.
* Writing new software features after assessment of feature requirement.
* Fixing bugs within the software or web platforms based of 1st line assessment of issues.
* Maintenance of internal & external critical systems.
* Assisting and performing a service role to other departments by sharing knowledge, applying problem solving principles and assisting with requirement scoping.
* Professional communication to customers through various channels including email, telephone and face-to-face meetings.
· Personal Initiative
· Collaboration Skills
· Communication Proficiency
· Verbal and Written Communication
· Problem Solving Ability
· Object Oriented Programming Principles
· Unit Testing
Is this the opportunity you have been looking for to kickstart your software developer career? Reach out and apply now for an initial call or reach out directly to Luke Hodges @ Connect IT Recruitment on LinkedIn
Or check similar jobs