Job Title: Senior Sourcing Specialist
Apply on Partner Site
Salary: £38,000 per annum + bonus
Hours of work: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
Hybrid working (2 days in the office, 3 days WFH)
The Global Access team are dedicated to enabling quicker and broader access to critical medicines around the world for patients with unmet needs. We source and supply of difficult-to-find unlicensed and short supply medicines in response to demand for access from healthcare professionals.
Summary of a Senior Sourcing Specialist
This role will assist in developing a strategic sourcing plan for the sourcing and acquisition of medicines in order to meet the demands of sales in a competitive marketplace. The role is responsible for cost price reductions across a portfolio of 1000+ medicines by leveraging group buying power and maintaining key supplier accounts, and finding new suppliers.
Key Responsibilities of a Senior Sourcing Specialist
Portfolio growth & buy price reduction
* Working with International suppliers to source Hard to find medicines at competitive rates.
* Handling sourcing enquiries and supporting tenders for stock lines in order to ensure competitiveness and maximise profitability.
* Proactively look for the most advantageous territories and suppliers to purchase from in a regulatory compliant manner.
* Pursue multiple options to achieve cost reductions e.g. negotiate rebates, exploit price breaks, mitigate cost price increases, improve payment terms, etc.
* Leverage a detailed understanding of marketplace, competitors and business requirements. Develop keen insights on near term as well as long-term horizon.
* Construct detailed cost models/purchase price analysis of goods and services to drive the control, containment and reduction of costs and to provide deep and meaningful insights to Sourcing Management teams.
Proactively manage and review existing and new suppliers
* Maintain and expand global supplier base to contribute to the global sourcing strategy.
* Strategy Development/Implementation: Utilize Sourcing Management Process and other tools and techniques to create and execute RFIs, RFQs together with subsequent structured information analysis wherever possible using modern electronic procurement processes.
* Ongoing review of new and emerging suppliers, competitors and market dynamics at global level.
Ensuring supply chain availability, quality and minimising risk
* Develop supply chain to maintain availability and minimise supply problem issues.
* Proactively engage with internal stakeholders to source alternatives for new shortages.
* Risk mitigation to prevent unethical or counterfeit drugs entering into the supply chain.
* Adherence to regulatory legislation and quality assurance processes.
* Utilise procurement technology and data to improve efficiency and achieve high levels of compliance to the sourcing and procurement policy and processes.
* Relevant Degree or Professional Qualification Preferred i.e. BA, MSc, APICS, CIPS etc.
* International experience required.
* Proven experience of sourcing and/or procurement of pharmaceutical products.
* Proven experience in working within a purchasing environment and negotiation of supplier contracts including successful supplier performance management.
* Background in dealing with enquiries essential, preferably within a complex service environment.
* Highly computer literate; experience operating with all Microsoft Office software and ERP systems (preferably Oracle)
* Ability to plan, prioritise and coordinate a busy workload with good time management skills.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
* Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate with key stakeholders.
* Excellent analytical, project management and leadership skills.
* Working knowledge of global and EU procurement rules and legislation.
* 27 days annual leave
* 4.5% pension
* 15% discretionary yearly bonus
Consultant: Danielle Godbold
Or check similar jobs