Recruit Right are pleased to be partnered with a large distribution company based in Leeds who are looking for an experienced Health & Safety Manager.
Apply on Partner Site
Purpose of the role
To create and maintain an efficient and professional health and safety service so as to provide strategic and operational leadership for health, safety and wellbeing across the company.
Ensure that the company remains compliant with all of its legal obligations in relation to health and safety at all times.
To work alongside the senior management team, taking responsibility for devising and implementing the company's health and safety policies and systems.
Keep up-to-date with relevant health and safety legislation & best practice as well as undertaking sufficient continuous professional education to maintain the currency of any professional qualification held.
To carry out audits across all UK sites to evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety systems and procedures and identifying any opportunities for improvement.
Manage the company’s response to personal injury claims in conjunction with insurance provider.
Provide health and safety guidance to activities undertaken by other departments, particularly facilities management and operations departments.
To ensure that all accidents and incidents are fully and properly investigated and recorded to determine root causes and ensure that appropriate corrective actions are implemented to prevent, or significantly reduce the risk of recurrence.
Qualifications and experience required
• NEBOSH (Diploma Level or above) / CMIOSH • Experience of implementing and managing to OHSAS18001 • + 3 years’ experience of Managing a H and S team.
• In-depth knowledge of current Health and safety legislation & other relevant standards • At least 3 years knowledge and experience in workplace risk management and business continuity
• Well-organised, logical, structured and pays attention to the smallest details to prevent workplace accidents
• Excellent time management skills
• Able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks putting safety first at all times.
• Proven track record in developing and delivering presentations and training material
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal)
• Interpersonal skills with an ability to influence and motivate people at all levels
Or check similar jobs