Project Manager – Critical Infrastructure & Data Centres
Are you interested in more Engineering jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Due to the continued growth of our highly successful specialised engineering company, including our award-winning data centre design and build business, we have an exciting career opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven Project Manager to join our Critical Infrastructure & Data Centre team.
Sudlows, who work throughout the UK, have a growing portfolio of clients globally, have over 200 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition and growth.
As a Critical Infrastructure Project Manager (mechanical or electrical) you will be required to lead the overall project or to be manage aspects of a larger scale multi-disciplined critical engineering projects, generally as a Principle Contractor. This includes leading and driving the overall delivery, performance and management of the project and all the relevant stakeholders, to ensure that all activities meet the programme, cost, safety and quality objectives of the project, the contract, the client, and the business.
You will report into the Senior Project Manager or Operation Lead and you will be responsible for overseeing the mechanical, and/or electrical works on various data centre and critical systems projects. You will be a key component of highly successfully delivery team with direct access to clients and their professional teams.
You will be instrumental in ensuring designs are co-ordinated and completed and the correct quality of drawings are produced in line with the contract documentation. You will lead the procurement of plant, equipment and works packages in conjunction with the commercial and procurement teams. The roles requires that you engage with the supply chain to ensure successful delivery of each of their packages to meet the objectives of the programme and the project. All of which is to be attain within the pre-agreed requirements of the cost plan.
The role will also co-ordinate and support with the commissioning engineers to ensure the levels of commissioning are completed on-time and to the correct requirements and witnessed. You will also be required to ensure the correct handover of a project is followed ensuring all documentation and legislatory paperwork is completed and handed over and recorded.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for development and growth, whilst working within a demanding and growing sector. You will have the support of an experienced all round delivery team, an internal design team, commissioning team, and commercial team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to Sudlows required quality and standards.
* Ensure risks are identified, reported, managed and mitigation measures are put in place.
* Ensure the project cost plan is managed effectively including reimbursements for variations to the contract.
* To adopt a right first-time ethos with all aspects of the installation.
* Promote a Safety Culture on site.
* Responsible ensuring effective use of meetings and recording and management thereof.
* Responsible for developing the programme and regular monitoring and updates at all times.
* Monitoring of the specialist sub-con packages and supplier packages on a regular basis, and recording of.
* To maintain accurate commercial and progress reporting on a regular basis.
* Take full responsibility for all plant and materials hired by the company
* To directly manage the procurement of the supply chain be that sub-contractors or suppliers and to fully ingratiate sub-contractors & suppliers into the requirements of the project.
* To manage Early Warnings, Risk Registers, and improvement plans throughout the life of the project.
* To set deliverable deadlines and achieved them
* Design management – ensure accurate delivery of design through the programme
* Conduct regular reviews of drawings/document control on site, ensuring the correct versions are being used and maintained.
* To develop the designs to include site level co-ordination and details which may develop during construction, feeding this back to the design team where necessary.
* To record actions and meeting minutes and ensure completeness.
* Responsible for overseeing the commissioning and witnessing of all systems.
* To develop an understanding of our clients’ needs and ensure accurate and factual communications with the client.
* To maintain accurate and detailed progress reports both internally and externally.
The above outlines the key accountabilities of the position, however this cannot be comprehensive and other duties, as directed by the company and within the job holder's capabilities may be required
* Experience working on Data Centre projects or working within similar critical or technical environments
* Sound knowledge of M&E services including commissioning.
* Proven experience of managing within construction projects.
* Ability to involve and manage all stakeholders within the project / business
* Well versed in Documentation management and record keeping. Fully competent using Word/Outlook/ Excel and Microsoft Project is required for this role
* Adept at progress reporting and monitoring of critical path activities and mitigation measures.
* Solid decision-making ability
* Evidence of commercial control and understanding of P&L
* Knowledge of latest regulations and standards
* Ability to work without direct management.
Qualifications & skills
HNC/HND or Degree qualified
Professional Body Membership
10 years’ experience working in similar industry, preferably working as a Principle Contractor
Location: - North West based & sites throughout UK
Or check similar jobs