KH Engineering Services
Are you interested in more Construction jobs?Apply on Partner Site
We are currently looking for a Design Manager to join our expanding Engineering team.
Principally supporting our Rail division, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing the design process across our Electrical portfolio of rail projects and frameworks.
Reporting to our Snr Project Engineer you will be familiar with Network Rail’s Engineering Assurance Process and will be responsible for ensuring high quality solutions are produced by our consultants that are practical to build, cost efficient and delivered in a timely manner.
You will work closely with our operational and commercial teams and will provide technical support during the pre-construction and construction phase where necessary.
Location: a combination of home and office-based working with some travel to Project sites and our other regional offices where necessary.
* hold an Electrical Engineering degree
* ideally be a Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership
* have demonstrable experience in a similar role within Rail and infrastructure
* ideally have experience of holding the position of Contractor’s Engineering Manager (CEM)
* have a background with electrical engineering consultancy or contractor and be keen to pursue a career in design management with a contractor.
* enjoy working as part of a team in a multidisciplinary environment and can recognise the importance of value engineering, buildability, cost control and programme in the management of design and construction projects, without detracting from the project brief
* have excellent communication and Client relationship skills
* Highly Competitive salary
* Company car or car allowance
* Bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance
* Flexible benefits scheme
* Support in training and development
** KHESL are an equal opportunities employer
Or check similar jobs