Working Engineering Supervisor | Multi skilled
£20.19 - £21.63/hour
Are you interested in more Construction jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Role: Working Engineering Supervisor | Multi-skilled
Location: London | W1T 3JJ
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 22/09/2023 | Potential for temp to perm
Hours: 40 hours p/w | 08:00 - 17:00
Rate: £20.19-£21.63ph + Holiday
* To ensure that operational delivery performance is in line with contract obligations and Building Services business processes.
* Services to be delivered with high levels of customer satisfaction and ensuring that all sites remain compliant.
* Supervise a team of engineers to an effective level to maintain high standards of performance at all times.
* Manage client and building users expectations and to aim for consistently high levels of customer satisfaction. Management of client relationship on a daily basis.
* Manage agreed KPIs and SLAs, ensuring best use of all resources to ensure targets are met.
* Responsible for managing the company's H&S and environmental performance on site.
* Responsible for managing the company's quality procedures on site.
* Ensure that the site has adequate resource both labour and material to allow BS to complete contractual obligations.
* Assist with employee succession and recruitment when authorised by senior management.
* Assist with the development of all direct reports, which will include annual PDR process.
* Effectively manage employee absenteeism.
* Assist in the preparation of all reports required by either client or Building Services management team.
* Represent Building Services at all client meetings, as directed by line manager.
* Manage any additional business opportunities that will deliver client satisfaction and increase revenue.
* Any other duties as reasonably requested by senior management.
* Coordinate and take responsibility for all planned and reactive maintenance for all equipment, plant, services and systems.
* Comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements, including Health and Safety legislation and safe systems of work.
* Manage additional capital works. Arrange subcontractor attendance and provide detailed quotations, supervise work and carry out quality control and final sign off.
* Diagnose faults and coordinate repair in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations or best practice guidance.
* Actively participate in the operation and control of engineering planned maintenance scheme and to complete all report sheets and test certificates where necessary.
* Be able to carry out mechanical services works to a competent level as outlined in the electrical to mechanical conversion course on plant, equipment and services.
* Responsible for quality control of subcontractors work by using spot checks, audits and review of safety paperwork.
* Undertake any training as required and to provide training, guidance, technical advice and support to the wider team.
* Carry out mechanical and electrical services on all associated mechanical and electrical plant, Planned Preventative Services and Reactive Works in time and up to date where required.
* Carry out M&E Services, extra works and emergency procedures.
* Ensure all statutory & mandatory compliance maintenance and records/certificates are kept up to date at all times in line with the contractual requirements.
* Ensure that CAFM systems and site records are up to date at all times reporting jobs to the helpdesk and in line with Helpdesk requirements.
* PPM and extra work requirements in adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with HASAWA requirement.
* Check and inspect mechanical services, plant and systems.
* Assist, encourage and improve team engagement levels in accordance with YVOS.
* Participate in and deliver interactive toolbox talks.
* Ensure cost logs are up to date - these show WIP, Debt, PPM planning and to ensure we meet our operational financial margins each month.
* Encourage positive interventions and attendance at H&S committee meetings
* Qualified in engineering discipline at NVQ level or higher.
* Electrical experience essential.
* 17th / 18th Edition.
* LV/AP - Advantage.
* Mechanical Experience - Advantage.
* Experience of FM service delivery.
* Sound knowledge of H&S legislation and some knowledge of COSHH.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of employee, customer and client.
* Ability to manage and prioritise a demanding and varying workload.
* Ability to deliver projects on time and on budget.
* Knowledge of Concept CAFM systems preferred
Or check similar jobs