Principal Land Safety Consultant
Electus Recruitment Solutions
Are you interested in more Engineering jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Your in depth understanding of Safety Engineering, (specifically around Land & Defence) could provide an immediate benefit to our top-tier Consultancy client. As a Senior and Principal Land Safety Consultant, you will support new build facilities, life extension and upgrades for existing facilities, equipment, and decommissioning support, across full programme lifecycles, across a range of critical Nuclear Defence projects. Your ability to deliver innovative consultancy advice will be welcomed, and your time spent working around Defence Standards such as Def Stan 00-056 will prove valuable.
About the job
Our client currently requires a Senior and Principal Land Safety Consultant their team. Along with strong technical competencies and capabilities, the role requires a high level of soft skills, preparedness to interact with a range of clients and stakeholders.
· Help our clients to manage their systems safety within the land domain.
· Work with clients to deliver safety management projects.
· Develop innovative Safety Management solutions to support operations.
· Interrogate data systems to assess safety performance and risks and optimise decisions.
· Manage and motivate project teams through strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Inspire colleagues in offices across the UK and across the globe.
· Build sustainable relationships with customers and develop future business opportunities.
In addition to having excellent communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills you will also be able to demonstrate the following:
· Experience in the implementation of Safety Management Systems and the interpretation and analysis of results.
· Working Knowledge of Industry and Defence Standards such as Def Stan 00-056, Defence Safety Authority Regulations (various) in particular DSA02-DLSR.LSSR.
· Proven track record of developing Safety Management solutions at enterprise, platform or at system level.
· Accomplished Practitioner within Safety Critical Systems Engineering.
· Experienced in developing proposals and providing technical assurance.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills commensurate with the role, including the preparation and presentation of reports to both internal and external customers.
· Knowledge of the Defence and wider markets, or major contractor’s experience.
· Hold, have held, or working towards Chartered status.
Senior and Principal Land Safety Consultant.
Bristol, Aldershot, Glasgow.
Flexible & hybrid working opportunities.
Competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package, targeted professional development, support in attaining chartership with paid institution fees.
Key skills: Safety Engineering, Assurance, Defence, Consultancy.
A great opportunity to work in a technical capacity for a leading defence company that has a track-record of developing and supporting its employees.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries.
If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken by our client, incumbents of these positions are required to undergo pre-employment screening, and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK Security Vetting to SC Level.
This is a permanent position
Or check similar jobs