Waites Recruitment Consultancy Ltd
£20000 - £22000/annum
Are you interested in more Construction jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Waites Recruitment Consultancy are seeking an Office Administrator with Lettings experience for a client of our based in Leicester. My client is a property management company based in Leicester. They act on behalf of a small number of Landlords to ensure their properties are fully occupied and well maintained.
They make sure all Letting Agents carry out their role properly and ensure residents are happy, properties are well looked, fully occupied, and rent is collected on time.
1. Ensure full occupancy for properties, whilst ensuring minimum arrears
2. To manage the supporting Letting (managing) Agents and our in-house maintenance team to ensure the good upkeep of the properties.
3. Assist senior staff with other administrative office works.
4. Weekly meetings to update the team on status of properties.
5. Internal appraisal and targets meetings – Every Month
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
Liaising with managing agents in relation to new tenancies, renewal of contracts and vacation of properties.
Receiving, prioritising, booking, and following up maintenance jobs.
Allocating damage charges from rental deposits and recording / reporting these charges to the Letting Agents.
Liaising with utility providers and local councils in respect to tenancies
Recording and ensuring that periodic inspections are carried out by lettings agents.
Arranging the provision of gas, electricity, and other legal safety certificates from contractors to the letting agents
Monthly site visits to check on maintenance team record upkeep of standards by maintenance and cleaning team.
Maintaining database and records and ensuring they are accurate and up to date.
Responsible for checking, amending, and recording all Tenancy Agreements from Letting (managing) Agents.
Responsible for ensuring any arrears are investigated with letting Agents with responsibility for requesting updates and plans of actions from the letting agents.
Responsible for distributing, recording/monitoring, and arranging collection of all Management and Landlord keys for each property.
Ensure that managing agents are completing works correctly – ie. site inspections, check in, outs, evidence for maintenance.
Daily / weekly meetings for updates on any other work.
Responsible for organising, communicating, monitoring, and checking the maintenance team workload.
Assist with other work requirements: Emails, phone calls, letters etc, scanning and filing, diary input for staff when required.
Your Personal Responsibilities
Develop a full understanding of the properties, locations, rental amounts, the Letting (managing) Agents, and tenants.
Develop a full understanding of Agreements with Lettings (managing) Agents to understand their responsibility.
Understand the service level to be provided by the Letting (managing) Agents, their Key Contacts for each Agency and to develop a good rapport.
Follow authorisation procedures as directed by Landlords.
Display flexibility and a willingness to work on items at a short notice.
Go above and beyond your usual contracted working hours if/when required.
Maintain a professional, optimistic, and positive demeanour.
Display excellent and professional communication skills, both on the phone, email and in person.
Be honest, trustworthy, and punctual.
Be presentable and professionally mannered.
Show initiative, work proactively and be able to multitask.
Be proficient with Microsoft Office Programs, particularly Outlook, Word & Excel
You must have a full clean UK (or equivalent) licence and access to your own transport.
You are expected to have an eagerness and motivation to continually learn, ask questions and improve. You will be given all the advice and assistance for you to carry your role to a high standard.
Your Knowledge & Requirements
* Geographic knowledge of Leicester.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word & Excel. Only apply if you can use these programs.
* Maintain a professional attire and appearance.
* Full, clean driver’s license.
* Experience of dealing with people is essential.
* Customer service or general office/business experience is essential.
* Dealing with confidential information is essential.
* Previous lettings experience is preferred.
* £11p/hour with increase based on performance and time
* Full time, Self-Employed.
* Working Hours – Monday-Friday 9am-5pm – 40 hours.
* 12.30-1pm lunchbreak (not paid) – 2.5 hours
* Total paid hours per week – 37.5.
* Expected to arrive early to ensure work starts promptly at 9am.
* 20 days annual leave + National holidays paid.
* Probation Period – 6 Months
Or check similar jobs