The Recruitment Group
£12.95 - £15.78/hour
Are you interested in more Public Sector jobs?Apply on Partner Site
We are on the lookout for a Brokerage Officer to join our well-established client in Oxford. The pay is between £12.95 to £15.78 per hour. This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday with no weekends.
Our client is the elected body responsible for the most strategic local government services in the county. These services include but are not limited to highways, street lighting, school admissions, health and social care, registrations, blue badges, and bus passes.
About the role:
As a Brokerage Officer, you are responsible for:
* At all times, to provide a professional service, which delivers desired outcomes for people and treats each person with respect, dignity and positive regard.
* To develop and maintain a sound working knowledge of care & support brokerage in designated portfolio areas and to use this knowledge to inform practice. This will include, but is not limited to:
* Informed market knowledge and expertise.
* Thorough understanding of purchasing tools and approaches.
* A good working knowledge of operational practice, including the outcome focus, value base and statutory framework.
* To assist and support the Senior Care & Support Brokerage Officer to deliver a high-quality care sourcing & brokerage function.
* To be responsible for finding the right support to meet the needs of the customer in line with Social Care and the organisations policies.
* To ensure value for money through effective price negotiation and use of cost-effective options.
* To make effective use of available and developing technology to support effective practice and to maintain accurate and succinct records throughout.
* To work in partnership with the key professionals who are involved in the care and support of the vulnerable service users - recognising the role, remit, and authority of other professionals and how their roles sit alongside the remit and authority of the Care & Support Brokerage function.
* To respond to written and telephone enquiries from a range of stakeholders about the care & support brokerage process and progress, including;
* Service users, their families, and other representatives
* Care & support providers
* Social care professionals (e.g., Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Corporate Parenting Manager, AMHP)
* Health professionals (e.g., GP, hospital clinicians)
* District Council
* Safeguarding professionals (e.g., MASH, LADO)
* Internal colleagues (e.g., Quality & Contracts Officers, Commissioning Officers, Procurement)
* To ensure that care and support options meet the organisation’s quality standards, assisting (where applicable) with the collation of key information from providers to support quality assurance and reporting on the outcomes for service users.
* To make sure that individual placement agreements, contractual agreements and service requisitions are completed promptly and accurately.
I am keen to speak to anyone who has direct experience of support vulnerable people and has an understanding of public sector practice in relation to the identified portfolio area.
I am interested in speaking to anyone who has experience who has any relevant training for this role for example social care, health care, finance or purchasing.
For more information and to apply, get in touch with Morgan Dean at our Banbury branch or click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
If you would like to know how we will store and process your data, please visit our website to read our GDPR Data Protection Statement
Or check similar jobs