Storage On Site
£24000 - £27000/annum
Are you interested in more Accounting/Financial/Insurance jobs?Apply on Partner Site
We are a family run business located in Marchwood Southampton and are one of the leaders in shipping containers and cabins. With a large hire fleet of containers and cabins, as well as a growing sales operation. Unlike other companies, we also have our own fleet of 20+ Hiab trucks and drivers, as well as multiple site support vehicles. Customer service is incredibly important to us and all of our staff are not only skilled at what they do, but incredibly passionate, with our customers being number one priority.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Credit Controller to join our Accounts team on a full-time, permanent basis. This person will be office based and will take responsibility and management of customers, with the purpose of maximising debtor cash collection and to reduce overdue debt, whilst minimising the risk of late payments.
* Collection of debtor payments
* Creating and upholding payment procedures and policies that ensure timely payment
* Responding to customer queries and resolving disputes
* Keeping customer retention levels high
* Reconciling accounts.
* Providing administrative support to finance team
* Keeping close watch on debtor account balances
* Negotiating and setting up payment plans, where neccessary
* Starting legal proceedings if debtors do not pay their debts on time
* Liaising with Solicitors
* Maintaining accurate records of all customer contacts
Knowledge and Skills:
* Excellent customer service
* Patience and ability to remain calm under pressure
* Analytical skills and thorough attention to detail
* Ability to listen and negotiate with customers
* Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
* Persistence and determination
* High service delivery skills
* Familiarity with data entry software
* Ability to work well within a team
We are also happy to consider applications from someone who does not neccessarily have this type of work experience, but who is willing to learn and develop new skills.
The core office hours are Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm, and the role is for 35 hours per week, so there is some flexibility on start and finish times.
What we have to offer:
* 20 days annual leave + bank holidays (rising to max 25 days + BH)
* NEST pension scheme.
* Optional private healthcare cover with BUPA.
* Life assurance benefit.
* Free on-site parking
Or check similar jobs