Are you interested in more Medical/Pharmaceutical/Scientific jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Support Worker Learning Disabilities
Do you want to make a difference daily supporting adults in living as independently as possible? We’re looking for motivated Support Workers to support adults with emotional, behavioural, and learning difficulties. This service is located in Brimington, Derbyshire.
My client is well established, and their services are managed to an exceptional standard providing support for adults with learning disabilities. As a part of the team, you will need to maintain the high standards that are embedded in their values whilst supporting the service user in getting the care required for their needs.
* Salary – £10.02 per hours / £20,320.56 per annum
* Hours – 39 hours per week
* Shifts – Earlies/Lates, occasional sleep ins
* Area – Brimington, Derbyshire
Responsibilities Support Worker Learning Disabilities
* Support new Team Leaders and care staff in the completion of induction programs, training and competency assessment.
* To provide a caring, supportive and nurturing environment in which service users can feel secure and free from harm.
* Establishing positive relationships with service users and always offering them unconditional and positive regard.
* Helping service users gain self-control by challenging unacceptable behaviour and rewarding acceptable, pro-social conduct.
* Ensuring that each person’s care plan is followed and amended as appropriate to reflect their changing needs.
* Attending to practical matters in relation to helping service users to cook, clean and personal care.
* To act as a key worker or co-worker for the service user to ensure that their young care plans are up to date and that all their care needs are being met.
* To provide a positive role model to be able to offer advice, guidance and assistance where appropriate.
Skills required Support Worker Learning Disabilities
* Passion to help others.
* Caring nature and willing to go the extra mile to support others.
* A passion to learn and gain an understanding of emotional, behavioural and learning difficulties.
* Basic IT skills and basic computer programmes such as word, Excel and Outlook.
* Full driving licence
* Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care or willingness to work towards.
* A commutable distance from Brimington, Derbyshire.
Benefits Support Worker Learning Disabilities
* Competitive salary – £10.02 per hour £20,320.56 per annum.
* Long term employment due to continued growth.
* Motivated management and employees.
* Funding for NVQ level 3 qualification or other qualifications.
* Clear progression pathway.
* Fully expensed trips with service users.
The position of Support Worker Learning Disabilities is very rewarding and makes a difference to the quality of life for service users on a daily basis. If you feel that you have the desired passion for delivering excellent levels of support and care, then please get in touch with Mariyam Bashir at the Peterborough Office on (phone number removed) for a confidential chat. Please note the vacancy is located in Brimington, Derbyshire
Or check similar jobs