SEN Teaching Assistant
£75 - £80/day
Are you interested in more Education jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Classroom Support are delighted to be working with an incredible school in Harlow (Key Stage 4)!
Classroom Support are currently recruiting on behalf of a school in Harlow; the school is searching for promising SEN Teaching Assistants to support students with Special Educational Needs ages 16-18. The school also has some 19+ students (vulnerable adults).
The school is a fantastic institution, offering a range of different GCSEs, A-Levels and even vocational courses helping support students in achieving their goals through various options of further education and industry-led courses helping them secure employment.
The school requires a Teaching Assistant with experience in supporting students with SEN as the school has specific courses tailored towards students with various forms of additional needs including (but not limited to) ASD, ADHD, SEMH and other challenging behaviours.
You could make a massive difference to a student’s school life, supporting them in various classes ranging from GCSE/A-Level English, Maths and Science to vocational courses such as Carpentry, IT and even Game Design!
Roles will begin initially on a temporary basis through Classroom Support (Agency Work). If placed in the school, you will be working on a temporary contract for 12-14 weeks. After that period, the school can offer long-term, permanent positions for Teaching Assistants who have shown excellent performance.
There is a highly competitive rate of pay which is £375 - £400 per week, depending on experience for working hours of 9am-4pm.
Working days are Monday-Friday, term-time only. To start in March.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Supporting children in the classroom, particularly in a small groups but also on a 1:1 basis.
* Carrying out delegated tasks by classroom teachers in a positive manner.
* Using effective behaviour management techniques.
* Promoting the school’s culture and ethos.
* Must have experience of working within a school in the past 2 years.
* Must have experience of supporting students with challenging behaviour, ASD or ADHD and be of a calm but firm nature.
* Minimum requirement of holding a level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification.
* Must have or be willing to pay for an enhanced DBS (children). You will need to pay £52.20 towards the running of a DBS if you do not already have one and pay £13 per year to register it on the update service (if not already registered).
* Advantageous holding of a Teaching Assistant qualification.
* Advantageous to have previous experience in the care sector.
* Advantageous to have previous teaching/tutoring/mentoring experience.
* Advantageous to have personal experience working with close family/siblings with SEN.
* Advantageous to have experience in a specific industry trade (e.g. carpentry, construction) as the school has vocational courses where industry experience is valuable in the classroom.
If you meet the above criteria and would like the opportunity to work with a highly rewarding school, please apply today and we will contact you in due course
Or check similar jobs