Strive Supply Chain
£55000/annum + Benefits
Are you interested in more Distribution jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Strive are a UK wide Supply Chain & Logistics management recruiter. Please visit strive . co . uk for additional roles across engineering, production, warehouse & transport operations.
c£55k + Excellent Benefits
Our client is a leading FMCG Distributor and we are delighted to assist them in their search for an experienced Transport professional as they look to recruit a Transport Manager at their site in Chepstow, Monmouthshire.
Reporting into the General Manager and with four directs, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the busy Transport operation, with a fleet size of c60 units and 60 Drivers, the site operates on a multi-drop basis.
Key Accountabilities as Transport Manager:
* The leadership and management of all aspects of the Depot Transport operation in order to ensure that deliveries are made On Time, In Full (OTIF)
* To control all department costs within agreed budgets, and / or flex accordingly based on volume, W.T.D. hours or customer requirements
* To produce key performance indicators relating to the transport department as required by the Head of Operations.
* Proactively drive the transport department forward by strategically planning for the future utilising experience of the wider market and developments in transport technology.
* Influence the way the transport department operates and improve in areas such as fuel costs, maintenance spend, agency costs etc
* To ensure the transport department is compliant in its practices in line with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency.
The Ideal Person for the Transport Manager role:
* Able to demonstrate significant transport experience within a multi-drop, FMCG environment
* Possess a CPC Qualification
* Have established management experience at a senior level
* Be able to demonstrate both strong leadership and people management skills
* Be able to work under pressure, multi tasking and prioritising work loads successfully.
This is a fantastic opportunity – we look forward to your application.
Or check similar jobs