£21000 - £23000/annum
Are you interested in more Other jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Terms of Employment
* Salary from £21-23k depending on experience and qualifications.
* Location – 15 minutes from Petersfield
* Could be a part time role (salary pro rata).
* Statutory holidays are pro rata to be taken in such times agreed by the management.
* Vegetarian cooked lunch is provided free in the school’s dining hall.
* Refreshments are supplied throughout the day.
* Reports to Estate and Facilities Manager
Our client is run by a Foundation Trust which is a registered charity. Two schools, a Study Centre and the Foundation operate under the charity in 39 acres of beautiful grounds. An independent boarding school with 70 students aged 14-18 from all over the world. Also, a small day School for infants up to 9 years of age.
As a Gardener this position would be a great opportunity for a keen and passionate gardener with interest in all aspects of horticulture. It is 39 acres in extent which includes a Grade 2 listed parkland with magnificent and ancient trees and a five-acre arboretum with original UK introductions of rhododendrons, bulbs and specimen trees. The grounds are managed organically with extensive lawns, perennial flower and shrub borders, old yew hedges, a one acre productive walled vegetable garden and conservation areas as well as a football pitch and tennis court.
You will be part of the Garden and Grounds team and at times you might be working around volunteers and students (for an hour a week students work in the garden and grounds). The role would involve a split of working in the grounds and vegetable garden. These are beautiful grounds to work in alongside a great team.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Maintaining the lawns, flower beds, hedges, playing fields and hard court areas to a high standard ensuring they are safe and fit for purpose;
* Ensure roads, pathways and all access areas are kept clear of leaves, other tree debris and litter;
* Working in the vegetable garden.
* Using the tractors and other equipment to maintain the grounds and parking areas.
* Ensuring that all equipment is maintained to a safe and serviceable condition and that the garage / workshop is kept clean and tidy. Outside contractors do the planned maintenance on the powered equipment;
* Chainsaw certificate useful but not critical.
* Hold a full driving licence.
* Checking all sites fencing and boundaries, reporting any issues to the Estate & Facilities Manager.
* Communicate politely and courteously, to build and maintain strong relationships. Be responsive to emails.
Due to its varied nature, a flexible and adaptive approach is required for the role. You may be required to undertake other tasks that can be reasonably assigned to you within your capability. This job description is subject to review in line with any developing needs of the organisation.
To find out more information please apply today
Or check similar jobs