£28000 - £32000/annum Bonus, Life Assurance, Healthcare
Are you interested in more Automotive/Aerospace jobs?Apply on Partner Site
Job title: Paint Technician
Rate: £28,000 - 32,000pa
We require a Painter Technician who will be working in a heavy engineering maintenance repair and overhaul, with a high variety of products in an ever-changing customer-based service environment.
Typically, the focus of the items being painted is to ensure the product is adequately protected from corrosion, but there are always critical surfaces where paint finish and thickness are safety critical as they impact mating faces, often under clamping forces.
The successful applicant will lead on the following areas:
* Preparation of item to be painted, including surface preparation, degreasing, and masking.
* Control of paint materials, including mixing.
* Painting & quality control of item which can be a subcomponent or the whole finished unit.
* Ensure all shop floor paperwork is completed as required.
* Operate a first in first out scheme for materials and ensure controls on shelf life are adhered to.
* Co-operates with the different product cells to ensure painting tasks are completed as required.
* Paint booth basic preventive maintenance tasks.
* Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Professional Experience & Education
* Painting qualification would be ideal but not essential.
* Prior experience of working in a painting role essential.
* A good mechanical aptitude is required.
* Working knowledge of priming and painting materials and methods.
* Able to read and follow Safety Data Sheets and mixing ratio instructions.
* Able to use and trouble shoot conventional paint guns and spray equipment.
* Able to use overhead and swing cranes (training provided).
* Able to use powered pedestrian hand trucks (training provided).
New Employees must pass a Drugs and Alcohol related Medical upon starting within the Company
* Permanent Contract
* 36.5 working week; 07:00 – 15:00 Mon – Thurs and Fri 07:00 13:30 (Overtime available)
* Up to £32k (however is dependent on experience)
* Annual Bonus (pro rata on year of joining)
* 20 days holiday (pro rata)
* Pensions 3% EE and 6% ER
* Life Assurance
* Salary/Bonus Sacrifice
* Private Health Care
* Dental Health Care
* Cycle to work scheme
For more information about the role or to enquire about any other positions we may have please contact Peter Davies on (phone number removed) or (phone number removed)
Or check similar jobs